Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Hwo do you remove the shift boot and e brake boot on a 2000 tiburon?

Old 02-27-2011, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Hwo do you remove the shift boot and e brake boot on a 2000 tiburon?

Hey guys I'm new and sorry for the dumb question but I don't know how to remove either my stock 5 speed shift boot or my e brake boot and they are both very worn. If someone could describe how this is done I would be very happy! Also can anyone tell me what the fuse is for the interior dome light, or map light as my owner's manual calls it. Thanks!

-Ben
Old 02-27-2011, 02:12 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Okay, first step, find a Phillips screw driver, with a tip that looks like +. Now first thing first to get the shifter boot off, you have to take the shifter surround out. Very simple it is held in by 4 clps, one on each corner, basically what do is remove the shifter knob, then i grab the back edge of where the boot actually goes into the surround, and just pull the back end straight up, shouldnt take much pressure, know you do the same for the front, and then just lift it off the shift lever. now you see at the bottom there are 4 screw holding the surround to the boot, remove for screws and now you have one surround and one shifter boot, you will have to reuse the trim piece that the boot is stapled to, dont through it out!

Now for the ebrake boot, you need that Phillips, and you actaully have to remove the center console, i do believe there are 4 screw on each side, on in the rear, and there is a hidden one, in the rear cubby, you will have to pry it out, then remove the screw. Now that the center console is loose, simply lift off, and the same process as the first one, and the fuse is in the small fuse comparment by your foot rest in the driver side.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:26 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Thanks for the info! I'll be attempting that later this week. And could you tell me what specific fuse it is for the dome light? Thanks!

-Ben