Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Hvac From Redz

Old 04-07-2007, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

Since i've got my dash all pulled off I thought i'd stick in the new heater controls I bought from Redz (LED work done by DTN I believe) and see how they look lit up in blue.
Well I went to put them in, but the hoses from my old one won't fit on the new one. o_O

Sorry, no hot chick to hold up the parts on this one. tongue.gif
Here's a picture to show what i'm talking about. My old one on the top, the new one on the bottom:

You can see where the connector would go on, but the pins (for lack of a better word) don't line up.
I highlighted them in blue. wink1.gif

Anyone know why they would be different? I guess I could probably pop the hoses out of the connector and move them to where they would line up with the new one, but i'm not sure which pins are for what.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:49 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

ouch, looks like you just discovered another difference. Maybe between RD1's and RD2's or it might have just been a change during the manufacturing process andonly RD2's with certain VIN's have the latter pin layout while the other RD2's/RD1's have the first pin layout.

It'd be nice to find out when and why the change was made by Hyundai.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

weird, but easy fix.

transfer that specific dial to the new controls. they just slide off after a little gentle prying on some plastic.

that looks like my 3 year old handiwork btw. wink1.gif
Old 04-07-2007, 07:59 PM

^^ yeah, but it's all LED'd. 02.gif

*sulks*

If I pull it off i'll have to re-LED it.

w00t for inventing words.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

no, just the black dial. you can switch it from one to the other. unless an led is in the way of it sliding out.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:15 PM

Ah, I didn't understand what you meant. But yeah.. it's not coming off.

And now that i'm looking at it a little closer, they are different in some other ways.
Most obvious, the recirc button:

Did I get a cluster out of an RD1?
Old 04-07-2007, 08:24 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ Apr 7 2007, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>weird, but easy fix.

transfer that specific dial to the new controls. they just slide off after a little gentle prying on some plastic.

that looks like my 3 year old handiwork btw. wink1.gif</div>

It is your handiwork. REDZMAN had me change out the Recirculate indicator then send it to Canada. Your work has been all across the USA and Canada mang! I had a set of your gauges at one time in texas too. You do good work mang.

REDZMAN had the same problem with the set I sent to him about 5 months ago, They were different then his stockers. Another soloution is to cut the hoses and just stick them on the back. I think that's what he did. One is a vacuum input line, the others are outputs for the floor and dash. Lack of vacuum to the lines causes defrost. If you hook it up and play with which line should go where it will work fine. The worst thing that can happen is that you have floor air when you want vent air.

He's talking about the black switch unit on the back of the housing with the vacuum fittings. I'm pretty sure you have to open it to get the switch out though.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:27 PM

Yeah, there are three LEDs glued in right in front of the housing, so it can't slide out. I think i'll just pop the hoses off and connect them directly. It might take an hour of fooling with it to figure out which pin does what, but it seems like it's the only way to make it work.

I think this is out of an RD1. I notice a few places on the back are stamped, "Coupe F/L." While those same places on mine are stamped, "RD-Coupe F/L 2."
Old 04-07-2007, 08:49 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

no, RD1 heater clusters do not have the gear knobs and they are much flatter.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:59 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD Tiburon

This is an RD1 Heater/Aircon controls