Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

How Should A 1.8l Cam Sound?

Old 07-11-2007, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey guys I recently installed my 1.8L cam but it sounds more agressive than I thought. Yes I replaced my TPS with a Kefico and also got new plugs in there. Should is sound like this? For those who have swapped, does yours sound idle like this too? This happened only after I replaced the cam. Also I made sure it was the same number of links between the index marks. If you watch closely and listen, it used to be completely smooth. Just wondering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FgxOEAkBBg
Old 07-11-2007, 01:44 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

I cant really make out the sound in that video. it sounds like you might be missfiring in which case you should make sure you have all the plug wires secured properly.
When I installed my cam, it was perfectly smooth with the 1.8l ecu. with the 2.0l ecu it was a little 'poppy' decelerating, but idle was still smooth.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^ Agreed, really hard to tell what's what. Sounds like there's a cricket in the background, is that related or is that something else? That part didn't sound normal... Your idle seems to bounce a bit, I wanted to say that was TPS, since it's new it may have been installed slightly wrong?
It's hard to know what you started with, if your car always rumbled that low or what. Rerecord it and rev the engine up a bit, and then go under the hood for a little bit as well.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:25 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

seems normal enough. my rpms went up to around 900ish when i changed to 1.8 cam.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:44 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

I can only hear like a chirping from that video. Try and get us a better sound quality one if possible smile.gif