Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

How Much would you...

Old 07-22-2004, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL just came on *cont.*

Spend for a set of Carbon Fibre fenders? As just about everyone knows, I am in the process of making molds of my front and rear bumpers for a custom body kit.. Part of that was the making of custome fenders.. all I wanted to do was slightly "indent" the turnsignal repeater instead of bolting it to the surface of the fender.. make it look more "factory" As I am going to be making a mold to do this... I thought maybe I would see about selling a few sets..

IS there a market for stock looking carbon fibre fenders? How about more "wild" fenders... vents or some such? Evn if I do get this done.. I would not be expecting anything before fall.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Post Count

Well, since you already have your fenders off, I assume you have found out how light our fenders actually are. The advantage of CF would be weight savings, along with the novelty factor. Do you think that you will be able to make a significant weight savings to make it worthwhile to pay for CF? I seem to remember that the old gorilla z fenders made of fiberglass were as heavy or heavier than the stock pieces.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:07 AM

Default Re: RotorPros Group Buy

I would be interested in something "wild" or vented. I am not sure that we would get much weight reduction out of this though.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: EiBach Kits and Parts

not really interested, but have a suggestion. maybe make the fenders so they can easily be used to channel air to the brakes.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:01 PM

Default Re: 3-way fun.

channeling air is more done through the fender liner... it can be done though... I might see about vents in the fenders.. let me see what I can draw up this week. We are expecting a LOT of rain this week.. so I should be indoors and bored