Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

HOW DO YOU U PUT DUAL EXHAUST ON A TIB

Old 06-26-2002, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oi, as I said--you'd need a 2 & 2 split header to do it, like a 3 & 3 for a V6. Otherwise you're just fooling yourself into thinking it actually does something useful.
Old 06-27-2002, 01:04 PM

I have the Cuda body kit and do have two pipes coming out the back. I had a custom mandrel bent 2.5" exhaust put on. They mounted the muffler closer to the front of the car before the rear wheels. Everything fits great, a Y pipe was put in after the rear wheels so that both tips will be "functional". It actually has a real cool low rumble at idle, almost doesn't sound like a four banger. It actually sounds better with both pipes than if you block the opening of the second pipe they put on. I will try to post some pics of the exhaust when I go get the aluminum exhaust tips welded on up on the hoist at the exhaust shop. smile.gif
Old 06-28-2002, 03:10 AM

You guys are talking a true dual exhaust. This guy right above me ^ knows what's going on. Don't run 2 and 2 from the headers. After the cat, then split off in a Y, and run the dual exhausts.

He got what he wanted from it, a deep rumble from both sides.

If you don't go with a 3 inch pipe (exaggerating) all the way back, you won't lose the performance. Keep it small, like 2.25 to the y and 2 from there. That shouldn't kill you too bad.
Old 06-28-2002, 03:55 PM

Yeah ravdav I wouldn't try to run 2 and 2 anyway, I modded my exhaust because the turbo is in and the Cuda kit is being fitted. wink
Old 06-29-2002, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

You should be able to split of a second pipe from before the muffler, over to the other side, then put 2 smaller mufflers on each pipe.

If you look at the exhuast on the gen3, you should get an idea of how to do it.
Old 06-29-2002, 03:11 AM

Hey cudo. Nice. Then you probably didn't keep the exhaust really small.

Something you may want to consider adding, is an H exhaust to your dual. I odn't know how you did yours, but it was recommended for performance people, that need the exhaust gone fast, to near the exhaust mufflers, put a pipe and actually connect the two exhaust pipes.

It said that it creates a low pressure in one side, AS the other is high or something t othat extent and sucks the exhaust out. THe article wasn't very clear, but that may or may not be running the (2 and 2 3 and 3 4 and 4) from the headers themselves. Just tossing out an idea to look into.

What they said was even better then the H, is an X, where the pipes cross each other right before the mufflers and switch sides.