Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

How Do You Install A New Aftermarket Tach

Old 05-12-2006, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only reason im puttin another one is, is cause the stock one is broken. I normally can just listen to the engine and tell when to shift. but i just like some reassurance. believe me i didnt want to do it but the local garage wanted like 800 bucks to fix the stock one. f*** that! but i got it figured out now. Thanks anyways.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:43 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bagged Tib01 @ May 12 2006, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The only reason im puttin another one is, is cause the stock one is broken.</div>
SUUUUUURE... coughRICERcough joke.gif

glad to see you figured it out
Old 05-12-2006, 01:52 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Well, being that you are just going to install the aftermarket one by hooking it up with the same wires that power the stock tach, you'd be better off and it would be cheaper to just get a different gauge cluster, or maybe fix what's wrong with the contacts on your current one.

did you put in any new gauges recently? ever taken your dash apart or your gauge cluster? did it work fine before?
Old 05-12-2006, 02:00 PM

Nope never took it out. It was broken when i bought the car. and i didnt use the same wires i had to get a tach addapter and go off the power pack, or coil. you know what i mean.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tiburonmoo @ May 12 2006, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Dude, functional rice? Don't bash. Let him have his Tach. Anyways, Tibby01 is right I'm pretty sure of it. I'm going to go buy some LED washer nozzles and tireflys to "install" before I come down for the BBQ now.</div>

Hah! Functional Rice = BLUE Flex A Lite fans. Titanium Ceramic Coating.

Put that stuff on before you come down, you'll fit in with the chicano ricer crowd here. LOL

You are coming this time?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ May 12 2006, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>its ok, shift lights are just as ricey. wink1.gif</div>

Yeah, wait till you see mine. You'll want one, and it's easier to put in than than a CAR PC or a $200 rear view mirror. LOL

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alex01tib @ May 12 2006, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>jk, but you definatly dont need a shift light or a tach</div>

Tell you what, I love the one I put in. It's small, hard for anyone to see or make it out, but when I need some guidance when I'm hitting it hard, it definately tells me when to shift.

I forgot I've never really posted about it. DTN has seen it and was impressed. Hell, everyone that's seen it likes it.

As for the Tach mang, why not just get a spare cluster here or on Ebay or from the junkers, under $50, and swap out the tach portion? Would be mucho better.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ May 12 2006, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, wait till you see mine. You'll want one, and it's easier to put in than than a CAR PC or a $200 rear view mirror. LOL</div>

haha

but can it auto-dim, tell you which direction you are going, let you know the temperature, or provide you with a report of how fast you will get sunburnt outside?

or maybe it can connect to the internet, hold billions of songs and movies, give you gps navaigation capabilities, hook you up right to xm radio, link directly to your cars obd port, control a piggyback ecu for fuel tuning, or give you an in car climate system?

GOD DAMN! i DO want a shift light. nana.gif

lmfao. lmao.gif

im sure it does look ok though, and might help a little. i still dont think i would want one though, our cars dont rev fast enough that i cant shift pretty much spot on everytime.

and the mirror was only $100, b****. wink1.gif