Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

How Did Things Work Out?

Old 01-21-2008, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok everyone has seen the topics about people getting bad gas mileage and asking what they can do to fix it. i just want to know if anybody really did fix there mpg problems by just changing a fuel filter, plugs, cleaning a filter. did anyone have more the 4mpg increase? please post your experiences
Old 01-21-2008, 07:06 PM

i was gettin 18mpg or so and i went and got a tranny flush (all i can really afford).. still waiting to see what i will get... havnt filled since soo.

also... spark plugs.. how much?
Old 01-21-2008, 07:47 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

I don't know how your only getting 18mpg, i get 25mpg on a bad day. Most i've had was 34mpg. All i do is keep up the maintaince needed, and drive a little more conservitive when i'm trying to get some miles in. You just want to make sure everything is running correctly, mainly the sensors because they determine how much gas you use.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:51 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

PCV valve and Spark Wires are the maintenance items usually forgotten which cause bad gas milage. Vacuum leaks can cause bad gas milage if you don't tighten your hose clamps after removing them. Dirty/bad MAF sensor, bad TPS sensor are the two major sensor problems which cause bad gas milage. If you have a CEL get the CEL scanned becasue that's your problem. Those are the things that usually cause bad gas milage. There's plenty of other things that can cause it, but those will do you most of the time.

As long as you stay on it, you won't notice your gas milage decreasing. I had a problem once with my spark plug wires shortly after I changed them. They actually decreased my milage by 10MPG.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:57 PM

If my milage is still low after i fill next i will look into some of the stuff DTN said.

Man... so many things i want/need to do but cant afford haha