Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Hotshot Headers For Rds: Potential For Groupbuy

Old 09-15-2005, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just spoke with John, President/lead design at Hotshot.

Click Here for more info

He is open to a Group Buy on these headers. Price will depend on how many people want these, but the price is already great for a thermal ceramic silver coated header esp given that it is an authentic product that is so well built. (BTW, it comes with a o2 sensor relocation kit, so no CEL)

First step is finding an RD tib in So Cal area to make sure that these headers will retrofit on RDs from the newer Beta II engines. Anyone?

I'm sure we could get these for around $350 shipped with just a few confirmed buys. That's half the price of the maintec GT headers for a well built, coated header. The more we get, the lower it'll go. Sorry, no specifics yet.

If you're serious & interested, post. It will be nice to have a proven local manufacturer sell us something that works well.

Aviv

P.S. Mods, Im new to this GB thing, so any help would be appreciated. Also, sorry IF this is the wrong section to post.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:29 AM

DEFINATELY interested! pending price i guess lol but what kind of headers? got pics of any one who has a set already
Old 09-15-2005, 02:01 PM

There is a local tiburon friend of mine that may be interrested in this. he doesn't have the internet though, so I gotta tell him about this. There is a good chance he'll get this thru me.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:55 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (homey14h @ Sep 15 2005, 04:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>DEFINATELY interested! pending price i guess lol but what kind of headers? got pics of any one who has a set already
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

same question...
Old 09-15-2005, 03:30 PM

Click on the link and take a look. It will tell you everything that I know. From their feedback, the company is a reputed one.

I spoke with John earlier today and he was VERY bitter about OBX/SSA stealing all their designs. He reiterated that hotshot's build quality (wall thickness, lack of buzz, better flow etc.) would be instantly realized.

He was happy to know that there is an RD market afterall. Hopefully, someone is SoCal will step up and allow them to see whether the beta II headers will be backwards compatible with the Beta I.

If there are any questions that are not answered through the link, feel free to ask. Please state your year and transmission type, so that I may take the numbers to John when the time comes.

Homey, from my understanding, they are 4-2-1.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:35 PM

4-1? 4-2-1?
Old 09-15-2005, 05:06 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

I'm interested. The one in the pic says it is for 2002+ tibs. I suppose he would be selling one to fit the 96-99 tibs? Would they look the same as the one in the pic? I really like the hwarang from HP, but I MIGHT get this. cool.gif
Old 09-15-2005, 06:44 PM

i own a set of hotshot headers for a v6 probe. in the probe commity they are considered the best of all options. hotshot has made a very good name and rep for themselves.

you guys need to do the best u can to get these available for your cars. if i still had mine, id be all over these. they dont just cut and weld and sell, they also fully dyno test them to make the best they can before they release them. fing02.gif
Old 09-15-2005, 07:32 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

well u can fit it on mine if you want just let me know when and where and how much your gonna give me tongue.gif
Old 09-15-2005, 07:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Said it before, They will FIT the block, we just don't know about under the car.