Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Hotshot Headers

Old 09-12-2005, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on these?

I'm wondering if the design looks better/worse than the more known headers out there- OBX, Maintec Racing Headers etc.

Does the ceramic coating compare to jet hot coating? Most imporatantly, will it fit on a 98 Tib (It says 2002+)?

They seem like a decent manufacturer. They gained 17WHP on an Altima apparantly.

Thanks

Hotshot Headers
Old 09-12-2005, 10:35 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Okay, let's see here.

I know the exhaust ports and bolt pattern are the same, but I don't think the angle at the bottom is correct if I remember folks telling me this before.

If I remember correctly, that photo isn't of the HYUNDAI headers either, it's just a stock photo.

The ceramic coating I'm sure is okay, I know a few guys with these headers on other cars and they are perty nice.

I'd ask more about themon NT.com though. Also, remember that the 2003 and higher Tibs have more engine bay room than we do, so these COULD stick out further and cause interfearance problems.

The Maintec headers WILL fit.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:30 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Screwdriver @ Sep 12 2005, 11:09 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>They seem like a decent manufacturer. They gained 17WHP on an Altima apparantly.
Hotshot Headers
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>
Hi, I don't know anything about them, but there is just no way that a set of headers by theirself produce an increase of 17WHP, not even 17HP! Unless you are talking about headers on a V8 of 5,7 liters and above, which you are not.

If I see advertising of a Header Manufacturer that tells me they produce a gain of 17HP on an import, and they don't say cobined with what, automatically I wouldn't trust the company because of misleading information.

Even if they tell you headers produce 17HP gain combined with Cams, ECU upgrade, CAI, Intake manifold, and some other mod I would be suspicious, because you don't know how much of that increase was due to the headers.

The correct way be to show gains on an OEM car, and then show the gains combined with other mild mods (and not cams and ECU).

IDK, just wanted to share info with you to help you consider this factors if your are researching for headers.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:49 AM

Did you look at their Altima listing?

If so, ok

If not, I suggest you read up on what they have written. Then decide what you'd like.

I think they're a decent product for the price. Im just hoping someone with an RD has them
Old 09-12-2005, 02:38 PM

Vehicle: 2000 carbon tiburon

ive ordered hot shot parts for customers with different cars and havnt had any complaints and the products look very well built. But ive never ordered anything for a hyundai.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:18 PM

havent heard anything bad about them yet but it dint think they made them for rds
Old 09-15-2005, 12:01 AM
imp

not sure about for you guys, but I know hotshot headers for the Celica GT are the best out there. just fyi on the company background