Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Horse power gain and overal

Old 08-08-2004, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: AEM Intake

Alpine development has a turbo for the tibby that will bring you up to 176whp according to the sight. This turbo is made for a stock engine with no more than 8-10 psi. You won't have to upgrade the internals. The kit is complete for approximately $4000.00. Good luck. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Here is the link:
http://www.alpine-developments.co.za/hyund...tiburon_2.0.htm
Old 08-09-2004, 12:07 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: speedvision gauges

Oh, we all know about the Alpine shits.

I mean Kits.

They aren't very good, and WAY too expensive. Ask Speed Factor, he's got a good deal.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:06 AM

Default Re: New wheels and other stuff

Yeah.....

Even fot 4000 you can make a home-made turbo setup much powerfull...

Speed-factor's turbo has a great price for the power that you will get
Old 08-09-2004, 09:40 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Tibfest 2004

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>the best/fastest/"easiset" way to gain HP w/o spendin an extreme amount of $$ is to go turbo. you'll spend wayy to much $$ n/a and get numbers not even close to what you would've gotten if you went turbo</div>

i don't believe so. only because you would have to have a damn good engine to have a turbo. you'd have to change your oil more often (every 2,000mi). not to mention your fuel consumption would increase drasticly so your fuel economy would go down drasticaly. you'd be spending about $35-$40 at the pumps.

not to mention, if you get a turbo, your wiring setup within the kit has to be correct (heat shields, aftermarket spark plugs, intercooler to ensure proper stability and performance of your engine and fuel injection. a turbo is between $2,000-$3,000. you would spend more money getting a turbo and maintaining it than you would maintaining a Cold Air Intake, headers, Air Ram, throttle body, cat back... sure, you'd get less horsepower. but you would almost be up to 200 horses just by changin a few things.

if your engine has high mileage, it may not be worth getting a turbo anyways. especially on an RD hyundai.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:00 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: New wheels and other stuff

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>i don't believe so. only because you would have to have a damn good engine to have a turbo. you'd have to change your oil more often (every 2,000mi). not to mention your fuel consumption would increase drasticly so your fuel economy would go down drasticaly. you'd be spending about $35-$40 at the pumps.</div>

Yes, fuel consumption goes up, but I don't understand the "Good Engine" thing. We've all got good engines, the Beta. If you mean in good shape, yes, that's true, but the same goes for any upgrades, put them on a half broke engine, you are still stressing it, doesn't matter HOW you are stressing it, TC, SC or whathave you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>not to mention, if you get a turbo, your wiring setup within the kit has to be correct (heat shields, aftermarket spark plugs, intercooler to ensure proper stability and performance of your engine and fuel injection.</div>

Wiring setup? Basic turbo setups use a SAFC, anyone can wire one of those, it's as easy as splicing a stereo, and if you can't replace a spark plug, you shouldn't be tuning, let's face it. The Haltec, as we've now found out, are also pretty easy to install, it's just the tuning to get it running right.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>a turbo is between $2,000-$3,000. you would spend more money getting a turbo and maintaining it than you would maintaining a Cold Air Intake, headers, Air Ram, throttle body, cat back... sure, you'd get less horsepower. but you would almost be up to 200 horses just by changin a few things.</div>

A turbo is between $150 to like $600 for a good one. A FULL turbo setup will cost from about $1800 to as high as you can go. www.speed-factor.com , Basic Kit = $1800. As for maintenence, you are right, Turbo's have moving parts and create pressure, so yes, there is maintenance. A CAI, all you ever gotta do is make sure stuff is tight and that the Filter stays cleaned. That's just a price you pay for FI mang. Now let's add some stuff up...

AEM CAI = $200
Airram IM = $600
4.2.1 Headers = $150
BBTB = $260
Catback = $400
Cam = $110

HP? Oh, if you get the best of all of those areas, and keep in mind, I've kept prices low there, even with ALL of the above installed and nicely shined, you will, if you are VERY lucky, get prolly 160 HP. No where NEAR 200. Add a SAFC, $230, and you are allready at or above the $1800 mark, and still under 200 HP.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>if your engine has high mileage, it may not be worth getting a turbo anyways. especially on an RD hyundai.</div>

Ahhh, but that's when it's the BEST time to get one. Get a new engine, about $400 for 17K miles on it, www.car-part.com , install it, take your time, and build up a Turbo Engine with all the internals in it.

Then the only question you need to ask yourself is...

Hmmm How much boost do I want to run today?
Old 08-10-2004, 10:35 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Official Bush vs. Kerry Thread

REDZ, you are the man for breaking this down...

you will still be stressing your engine with every performance part--because the part is meant to handle the stress but your stock engine is not. that's understandable. but what i meant was there's less stress and more overall power hence a noticable difference accompanied with acceleration without having to race. say you have these minimal horsepower upgrades, you can dust the cars behind you with the same agility as if you never had those parts ever installed. the reason? well, an example, an airram doesn't push your engine, it increases the airflow throughout the valves increasing horsepower. it's quite healthy for your engine. mild, but it won't hurt.

but if you have a turbo or supercharger, one of those is constantly pushing and straining your engine to the max no matter how you drive it. the engine has to be in shape to endure that kind of stress.

you're right about the turbo costing less than the minimal horsepower upgrades. but i have a question for you. i thought the turbo manifold cost only $200-500. I was referring to the entire kit itself. I guess it just depends on everything running ok, like you said. then the only problem you would have would be spending on gas and petting your engine.

it's true, if you want to get a turbo and your car has high mileage, it might be a good idea to just get a new engine and build it up to turbo spec. that's probably the best idea unless the engine is young. damn... i'll probably be like 30 by then... 8O

ps. nitrous isn't the car itself though. it's more like after school help.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Speed-Factor Basic Turbo Kit

Ok... In the way that I see it.... Have a "constant" horsepower like tuning the engine WTHOUT A TURBO stress more the engine because the HP never goes down to the factory Hp.... you will always have 200 HP... 60HP more than factory... (RD1-2)

With the Turbo... the engine get a lot more HP, but only at peaks... "full boost"... in other words... The HP gained with the Turbo is always Up and Down.... If you are only driving like a "family trip" you will have like only 10HP more.... (very slow)

Got my idea????
Old 08-11-2004, 01:30 PM

Default Re: 2nd 02 sensor

i did the list of mods below and my dyno was 124whp and 124 wtorque

it converts to about 150hp
10 more than stock
i have run an RSX type S and wasnt that far off, the driver wasnt the best though