Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Horse power gain and overal

Old 07-26-2004, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My self-fabricated short shifter

I have a question regarding gain of power in the rd2 version. Ive been reading a lot now, but i just couldnt find horsepower specific stats. See the thing is.. im trying to take my car to a level BEYOND and Acura RSX type S... (need to beat my brother in law in a race evil.gif )

So for all the peeps in this site that have moded their cars please if you dont mind let me know what mods will help increase horsepower WITHOUT a turbo or a supercharger.... stuff like exaust, CAI, plugs, flywheels, camshafts... anything that is easily modified... and how much horsepower i could gain....

laugh.gif
Old 07-26-2004, 09:32 PM

Default Re: 1000hp RD2

I have done quite a few mods to my 2001 Tib. I have: Injen CAI, 4-2-1 header, MBRP Cat back, AOS underdrive pulley, Cat cams, Air Ram manifold, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, SX Performance RRFPR, and SAFC. AS for plugs I running Bosch platnium and the normal wires. I dyno'ed at 140.92 hp and 127.55 tq to the wheels. My A/F was all messed up, the SAFC gave me 5hp alone.

I have a complete turbo setup minus the intercooler piping on my coffee table, that is going in by the end of the month. I hope this helped you out with where you want to go with your car. Any more questions just ask.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Horse power gain and overal

Don't expect to get over 170 HP out of a NA setup on the RD's mang, unless you spend about 8000 bucks.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:11 AM

Default Re: 4-1 Header Gasket

I think that could be cheaper if you put a Turbo.... like REDZMAN said, it will cost a lot of bucks to put your N/A car into that number of HP...

By the way.... you will like to feel the boost.... LoL lol.gif lol.gif

Remember that the speed is addictive....

And your forgetting the fact that your brother will need less money to tune up his RSX.... Damm Honda... they have parts even at the Supermarkets....
Old 07-27-2004, 09:41 AM

Have you thought about putting your tib on the bottle?

I would do read up on nitrous and if you feel comfortable with it, you should be able to smoke the Acura provided that it is stock. I think that Nitrous Express sells a kit that has a 30-50-75 shot. With a 50 shot, you should be able to take him but I have been told that the stock Tib engine will handle a 75 shot easy.

Just remember that Nitrous is not for everyone and make sure that you feel comfortable with it before you install and use it. Nitrous Express has a lot of information on there website.

Oh, good luck! Let us know when you beat the Acura.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:26 PM

the best/fastest/"easiset" way to gain HP w/o spendin an extreme amount of $$ is to go turbo. you'll spend wayy to much $$ n/a and get numbers not even close to what you would've gotten if you went turbo
Old 07-27-2004, 04:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: tibby engine swap question

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TibRacer01)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have been told that the stock Tib engine will handle a 75 shot easy.</div>

if you upgrade the fuel system.

in general, dont go above a 50 shot on a stock tib.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:07 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib
Default Re: Exhaust questions..

if you really don't want to go turbo, i guess the best things you could do would be:

AEM Cold Air Intake ~ $190
Exhaust System ~ $175
Airram Manifold ~ $600 (or 500 through the Group Buy currently going on if you have the cash Now)
Big Bore Throttle Body - $290(?)
Short Shifter ~ $125 (if you're on manual transmission)

That and gut your car down to the driver's seat and I would say you should be able to take em wink1.gif check out this post: http://rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=Forums...viewtopic&t=238

Oh yeah and if you're on manual transmission make sure you shift well wink1.gif best shift time for our tibs is at 5800rpm (right?)

And if you're not going to get the cold air intake, at least take your resonator off by looking in the DIY section of the site.

For prices and places to buy these items, check out www.ebay.com www.kspec.com www.hyundaiperformance.com
Old 08-07-2004, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Grounding kit???????

On my dyno my hp and tq crossed at around 5200. By the time I was at 5800 my hp was still increasing and my tq had dropped from its peak of 127.55 to about 120. At redline my hp was still increasing but my tq was at 111. I realize that this is just my dyno, but I seem to recall Random over at HA saying the best shift point for the RD's was around the 5200 rpm point. Sorry I don't have a way to upload my dyno chart at this time.

Zoned019, with that list you put up, I would also throw some cams on it and an undrive pulley. I realize the cams are pricey but every little bit helps. Also, I would spend more than $175 on an exhaust system. A lot of people have told me I have one of the best sounding 4cyl they have heard (exhaust wise). I agree with them laugh.gif
Old 08-07-2004, 10:32 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: My battery light in the dash doesn´t show.......

The Airram Intake GB has been over for awhile, they are back to $599 now.

There is a group buy for the Shifters.