Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

HKS exhaust for Tiburon, need opinions

Old 08-21-2002, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS exhaust for Tiburon, need opinions

Getting an HKS sport exhaust for $315 including shipping and handeling. http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=789
was wondering if this exhaust is worth it. Dyno seems pretty good, even on the low end.

this is my first post ever here!
Old 08-21-2002, 06:51 AM

i have it but its 315 for the rear bolt on section. you can pay like 450 for a full cat back exhaust. up to you though. i like my hks since the tip isnt so big and its not to loud.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:59 AM

Don't need a catback exhaust. I already have a DTM exhaust with straight pipe (who needs a cat?! when you got people who can pass emissions?) on my tiburon... just trying to change the back exhaust to HKS...

Getting pulled over too many times with my DTM... and I don't have a legal CEO number to give them so I'm going to change over to HKS. Keeping my straight pipe on there though. Was thinking about high flow cat but no need, when it's high flow pipe!~

Cops stopped my about 8 times in 6months... it pisses me off.
Old 08-21-2002, 09:31 PM

I have the HKS to and I like it alot,like long said not to loud but looks good and sound good.
Old 08-22-2002, 01:24 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Great White Tib:
Getting pulled over too many times with my DTM...</div>You know, i have a dual DTM muffler too. It's pretty loud, really loud but i also have a hf-cat/2.25"piping/421header also which probably exacerbates my whole exhaust fiasco. Thinking about getting a CC insert to replace my 25" glasspack resonator...
Old 08-22-2002, 06:28 AM

I have the HKS on my 2000 Tib, it says up to 99 but it fit perfectly...that with the glasspack and its much more quiet than a stright through exhaut canister...
Old 08-22-2002, 06:42 AM

HKS imo makes the best performance:looks exhaust systems. I have the Carbon Titanium exhaust system for my car. It gives a very distinct growl that high flow exhaust systems sound like on the boxer engine. I got it for 700 bucks full system. You'll probably find that muffler for cheaper and get your own custom piping since HKS doesn't make the cat-back system for Tiburons.

Old 08-22-2002, 09:07 AM

Thanks for all your opinions on HKS exhaust, I've decided for sure I'll go with HKS now.

Old 08-22-2002, 09:11 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>BoOm:
HKS imo makes the best performance:looks exhaust systems. I have the Carbon Titanium exhaust system for my car. It gives a very distinct growl that high flow exhaust systems sound like on the boxer engine. I got it for 700 bucks full system. You'll probably find that muffler for cheaper and get your own custom piping since HKS doesn't make the cat-back system for Tiburons.

</div>ive wanted that since it came out. sucks they dont make it for our car because if they did and it was 700 id def pay for it. hks is the bomb!
Old 08-22-2002, 10:08 AM

I have a carbon fiber/kevlar muffler bolted on to the axle back piece of an MBRP exhaust pipe. I would like to get rid of it if anyone is interested.

The carbon fibers and kevlar are inter-woven, its very nice. Straight through canister with a huge 4" mouth. The thing sounds bad ass...that is why I got a quieter muffler, hehe. It has a silencer too.

It should bolt right on to your exhaust. I have pics since I got a digi cam.