Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

HID Hi/Low???

Old 02-28-2012, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Tiburon
Default HID Hi/Low???

I am thinking 6k hi/low and 3k fogs. But my question is regarding the 6k. So I have been on the fence for HID's forever and it seems like DDM brand is the way to go. With HID does one even need a high beam, or would I be good to go with just low beam? And should I get HID's with the anti-glare shield around them or do they still have bad glare anyways? Thanks Guys.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

There is no reason to get HIDs for the high beam unless you just want to waste money. Low beam should be enough, but it's best to be used in a projector housing. HIDs require a little time to warm up, and using your high beams intermittently would make them almost pointless, not to mention the low beams would be bright enough not to need them in the highs.

As far as the anti-glare shield, I have no clue what you're talking about.

I got mine from Diode Dynamics.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:00 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I have HID in my highs, and they're so bright they're just about unuseable.

I can cut clear across a wallyworld parking lot and still blind myself/have lines in the photos, and people do NOT like being in front or in the oncoming lane. I can't blame them really.

There is also a 10 second warmup period, so say goodbye to flashing your high beams.

For back country roads at 2:00 am, they are awesome though. And with 55W lows, aimed right, the need for hi beams is sort of negated for normal driving.