Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Hesitation: Spark Plug Wires Minimum Ohm?

Old 01-17-2006, 03:03 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i've been running for a while on these spark plug wires. i don't know the exact miles, but at least 30,000 since i bought the vehical. I ohmed the wires and i ohmed some at autozone. My wires have half of the resistance that the ones at autozone have. The hyundai site says maximum of 4000 ohms per foot, so i'm way good on that. I have 15,000 miles on platinum +4 spark plugs. I'm having some hesitation issues. i have no idea.

I suspect my TPS could be bad, the wires could be BELOW minimum resistance, or the vehical cannot handle platinum +4? any help here?
Old 01-17-2006, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I dont believe there is a minimum resistance. ideally, you would want copper wires for spark plug wires. its just the electric field generated by passing the super high voltage through copper would f with everything else in the car.

do the plugs still look good?
Old 01-17-2006, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have recently been having some hesitation in my tibby too, it rarely happen but if it does it's only when it's underload at about half throttle. So I changed my spark plugs and air filter, if it helped then it only helped a little.

I have PRD plug wires(tops of 2,000 miles on them), but they seem to be fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated smile.gif.