Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Help! Starting Issue..

Old 04-25-2005, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyosung GT650

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (col96fx @ Apr 21 2005, 08:15 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>When you cleaned the terminals, did you do like I said and take them off and clean them with sandpaper on the post and inside the connector. There could be a layer of corrosion there even if you don't notice it.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019 @ Apr 22 2005, 02:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>so i take it back out to my car and then i notice that my loops are corroded as HELL. they look fine when they're on a battery, but once you disconnect it you can see the bottom of them and it's a thick white ring..i scratched those off with the only thing i could find---a ratchet. popped in the wal-mart battery and it started on it's own. yay!
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>
Mang if you ask for help and ppl give advise you should at least check out what they're telling you. I told you to check for corrosion and you obviously didn't even take the connectors of the post to have a look, if you had taken this advise you would have saved yourself alot of heart-ache. <_<
Old 04-26-2005, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

i know i'm stupid, i did take them off. i cleaned the inside and outside, but didn't even realize or notice the underside (until it was two days later anyway). it was a pretty thick layer too.
anyway thanks and all laugh.gif
im keepin the new battery in there and cleaned those suckers good, threw a lot of white grease on em and should be good to go.