Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Help Me Find A Short

Old 09-25-2005, 06:52 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So anyway, I lengthened the wires for my doors with super small wires... 22 awg. It was just what I had on hand, and I shouldn't have gone that small.

So I'm loosing the wire right after the solder joint, since I made the solder joints too small. Basically after a couple bends the wire snaps off right after the solder. So I lost power to my windows, but everything was fine.

I took the loom apart that I made for the door, and found a couple broken wires, but 12v wires for some reason? I fixed the drivers side window, and it was working, but not the passenger. Only way to get the passenger window to be powered was to use the passenger switch. Well, I did roll it down halfway, and then when I had everything back together, my damn haloz were shorting out with the door down, so only if the door was up would they work. So I had to again, take apart the loom, which is now Foed up beyond repair, so I gotta buy new shrink tube.

NOW HERE IS WHERE MY ?s start for you guys who love schematics, hehe. I shorted the fuse to the main power for the Pwindows. I had a fuse to replace it, a pink 30 amp fuse for the engine fuse box. That gave me power for the window again, but now, I cant even get a voltage reading from the car side harness on the wires that control the passenger window? I dont know how the hell all of the sudden the passenger window wires dont carry any voltage like before. So I have a drivers window thats fine, but I cant even get a reading like before when I held down the UP button, one wire would get voltage, or DOWN button and a different wire would show voltage. Now neither wires get voltage pressing UP or DOWN?

SO where should I check for a short? There are no other fuses for the Pwindows besides in the engine fuse box, and in the kick panel fuse box.

So I'm stumped over this?
Old 09-25-2005, 08:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

did you move anything going from the pass. switch you were checking to the engine fuse box to replace the fuse?

the wiring right there would still be 97 for you, right? or did you switch that one too?

the window lock switch on the drivers side is off, right?
Old 09-25-2005, 09:08 PM

lock gets everyone...

just out of curiosity, did you check the passenger side window switches that are in the driver's side door?
Old 09-25-2005, 10:05 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

umm do u have your window lock on if u do u wont get a signal. i know it sounds dumb but i forget about that button all the time
Old 09-25-2005, 10:09 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Yeah, check the lock.

Is the wiring from 97 or 01?

*check your pm box biotch..
Old 09-26-2005, 12:02 PM

First thing to check was the window lock. Wiring for my drivers door is from the 97, and wiring and door on pass. was a red 2000. I just dont see why when I tested the pass. switches on the drivers window switch, it threw voltage when it was functional. Now the wire for the drivers window motor show voltage depending n which one you power. One is UP, one is DOWN. Same should go for the pass. switches on the drivers unit, but when I press UP or DOWN it shows no voltage in the wires coming from that switch. I have like 3 sets of drivers side switches, and I tested them all, but nothing. Its like somewhere along he wiring harness, my line that throws voltage simply became disconnected somehow? I think actually, there are two main large size wires that show voltage with the ACC (key in turned but not cranked). If the one that I KNOW controls voltage for the drivers side switch UP and DOWN, then maybe the other, solid yellow wire, is shorted somewhere? I think that was showing power with ACC.

But I just didn't know if anyone had a diagram in their 2000-2001 shop electric manual. I only have the books from 97-99.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:39 PM

But I just didn't know if anyone had a diagram in their 2000-2001 shop electric manual. I only have the books from 97-99.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/quote]

i got the 2001 factory books. i was looking at the schematic, and if '97 & '00 have the same schematics, you might want to look at another fuse also. you said at the very beginning that you replaced the pink 30A fuse in the engine compartment. that feeds power to the relay "load" side. the "control" control side of the schematic is powered by a 10A fuse in the dash fuse box. i want to help, if you don't mind going step by step. i just need to now 1st if both fuses are good.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:08 PM

yeah both are good.

Thanks man.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:57 PM

no problem, but did u figure it out then? i assume you did since you said thanks.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:15 PM

nope, but I haven't worked on it either, I will today.