Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Help: Choosing AirFilters

Old 06-25-2004, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Aussie, if you want to see a pic of what I'm talking about, I've got a few. It'll make you laugh.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:03 AM

dood........ dont let your mechanic do some "custom" job on your car. first off if you plan on going to any shows at all in the future you will not get good credit on your engine compartment.... second, the jackass probably doesnt know what he is talking about because first off a CAI sucks COLD air... the filter placed by the engine sucks in WARM air.... engines run a lot better with COLD air.... one way to prove this is by looking at an intercooler... why in the hell would anyone put one on their car if it wasnt good for something. The colder the air you can get to the engine the better it is and the more gains you will experience. just trust the forums and trust the REDZMANG... he knows all. there are many many many former topics that discuss this.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I don't know all, that's for sure, SOME folks will make sure you know of that.

I just try to help out and have a pretty good memory.

CAI's are the way to go.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:59 AM

Yeah, that was the thing that didnt click for me. even with the piping bringing cold air to the engine compartment, the filter is still going to suck in a lot of hot air... im going CAI. I think I have found a place that can get me a CAI system... 4 some reason its hard to find here...
shitty supply aftermarket stores. though they all carry neons and useless shit like that. all show,. no go.
anyway, thanks for your help guys,