Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Help!

Old 02-19-2006, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

Trying to install the airram..
how do you remove the IM support bracket? I can't even find the two bolts on the bottom to remove them
Do I need to jack it up and go from underneath, or is there a way to do it from leaning over the pass. fender?

please help! thanks
Old 02-19-2006, 07:51 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Your best bet is from above. Use your hand to feel around first. I just traced the bracket down and found them. I only went under the car to remove the bottom bolts on the IM itself.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:59 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=13158

step 13. redZ says how to do it. four bolts 2 at top 2 at bottom there are pics too.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:59 AM

K new problem..

It's all done and installed, but the airram isn't like the stock im in that it doesn't have a place for the 'plate' that you put your throttle/cruise cables in in order to adjust them. This means there's no tension in my gas pedal, so I can't even drive..From what I got to hear of it it sounded sweet though! It made my car sound less buzzy actually..But I want to drive it!!!
Can anyone help? I've been looking at pictures of screwdriver's install and followed his throttle cable and it seems like he somehow got the plate from the OEM manifold to bolt to his airram, then just used it like normal....I don't get what I'm missing, I don't understand how he did it? Someone who's got an airram installed if you could go snap me a few pix that'd be friggin awesome.
thx
Old 02-20-2006, 06:05 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Even though you don't like to answer my damn IMs on AOL I guess I'll help yas.

Do you see that metal plate with a circle cut out about 1.5 inches below the mt dew bottle? That be where your throttle cable will go. Oh, and unless you do some modding your going to lose your cruise control.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:22 AM

Well I knew that that was obviously WHERE it went, but the problem I have is that the OEM plate doesn't have a 90 degree bend in it like in that picture, mine's just flat. And the way it would bolt to the airram it would be parallel to it, but what we need is for it to be perpendicular to it, does that make sense?

Screwdriver's looks like it goes --0----| >> throttle cable sits in the 0
<span style="color:#FFFFFF">---------------------------------------------- </span>|
<span style="color:#FFFFFF">-----------------------------------------------</span>|
<span style="color:#FFFFFF">---------------------------------------------- </span>| >> bolts to airram here

I'm gonna go to the hardware store and look for a metal brace with a 90deg bend, I just didn't want to do that because I don't want the cable plate to be able to rotate, but if I tighten it down good it should be fine.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:52 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tiburonmoo @ Feb 20 2006, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Do you see that metal plate with a circle cut out about 1.5 inches below the mt dew bottle? That be where your throttle cable will go. Oh, and unless you do some modding your going to lose your cruise control.</div>
using my pics without asking wink1.gifj/k

i thought i covered everything in that how too. if i should add anything, just mention it please. it might help future people searching for info.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:01 AM

It turned out that I just didn't receive my throttle cable bracket with my airram, lol.