Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Headlights Not Working

Old 07-04-2008, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For some reason my headlights will not work, I've checked the fuse and the relay fuse and neither seem to make any difference. (That's spot 16 10A red in the fuse box and 40A green in the relay box). I recently had a clip attached to my alternator break off causing my car to die, but it was replaced. Now I thought maybe it blew out my HIDs, so I switched the bulbs back to normal ones, and still no difference.

Any ideas?
Old 07-04-2008, 06:34 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

you also have individual headlamp fuses in the engine compartment but it sounds to me like you may have a wiring problem if your highbeams still work. Are your ballasts still hooked up?
Old 07-06-2008, 08:49 PM

ATM, yes, but I tried removing them and replacing with regular bulbs, but to no avail.

I haven't checked those individual fuses, would you be able to tell me which ones those would be and where they would be located? (engine bay/fuse box)
Old 07-12-2008, 01:54 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Check Fuse 16, 10A, in the dash fuse box.

Check H/Lamp (Low), it's a 15A fuse on HMA, but it's listed in the fusebox layout in this forum as 10A, so refer to your owners manual on that one.

If that doesn't fix your problem I would try replacing the Head Lamp Relay (Low). Just swap it with another relay to test that theory.