Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Headlight Issue

Old 11-27-2006, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, this may not be in the right spot, but it seemed to be the best fit

My headlights and "position light" on the passenger side appear to have some water on the inside of the lamp. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so what was the fix? I suspect there is some sort of gasket that needs to be replaced. I have a set of shop manuals on order but they have not arrived yet. I have a burnt out healdight, so I need to fix this as soon as I can

Thanks in advance for the help smile.gif
Old 11-27-2006, 11:41 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

I've never heard of anyone having that problem with the headlights but the leaking position lights is pretty common. You can either try to seal them with some clear silicone (at the joint between the lense and the housing) or purchase new ones (best bet is probably www.kspec.com).
Old 11-27-2006, 02:48 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundia/Tiburon Fx

A easy fix and you can find a DIY on headlight painting here on the site.. Or you can do like I did and take a heat gun to the seam pull apart paint inside bezel and re-seal that way it looks better and no more moisture.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:06 PM

Thanks guys, I searched the DIY section breifly, I will try again