Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Headers And Catback

Old 03-10-2006, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well...my headers and exhaust is in and it is LOUD. and stupid. Just as i thought it would be. Alright, I reallly need to get this fixed. I feel like a tard riding down the road. and i shift at 2k because if i go any higher babies cry 02.gif Someone PLEASE tell me how i can get that buzz gone. How much will a 28"+ glass pack help? Will a high flow cat quiet it down more than a glass pack? ANY help is appreciated..my car sounds retarded. My dad and girlfriend now call me 2-stroke owned.gif .
Old 03-10-2006, 10:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

do you have any cats in now? if not, definately get one in there. then replace the resonator on the exhaust with a nice glasspack.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:39 PM

yeah that was the plan..but since im a little low on ca$h id like to get it quiet and then next friday ill stick in the high flow cat in (breathing is good)..would the glasspack alone get the tone down alot? what cat will fit in my car and it should replace the "test pipe" that comes with the motoria right?
Old 03-11-2006, 12:52 AM

Vehicle: 2000

a cat will nock alot of buzz out. i had the same problem with my exhaust. Put in a catco high flow cat and the buzz was cut down alot. still buzzes above 4000 but that can be solved with a glass pack. hope that helps ya out and best of luck.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:02 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

IMO it doesn't really matter what to put - cat or glass pack. both things add more room in the exhaust system so that it would be quiter. I would start with a glass pack and see how it will be, after that maybe put a high-flow cat.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:45 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

get the cat definately. because it will help tons with the buzz and loudness, also because we all like breathing fresh air. wink1.gif

right now on my exhaust i just have the stock cat on there. along with whatever resonator is on the exhaust stock, it sounds really good, just to loud for my taste. i have a 28" dynomax glasspack resonator that will be going on soon, and then i think it will be perfect.

should cost about 80 bucks total, and then a little extra for getting things welded at an exhaust shop.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:21 PM

hey guys i need a quick response..my situation is an extreme buzz and im about to buy a 31" (overall) glasspack..will that be enough until i throw on the high flow cat?

edit..nvm ill just go ahead and get it