Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Headers

Old 05-04-2006, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Joe, don't listen to Dylan.

Use both 02 sensors, he must be drunk or high.

1. Do you really want to drive around with a strobe light on your dash?
2. You wont pass emmissions.
3. Car is made to run with 2 sensors.
4. The 2nd sensor reads how effective your cat is and when it's time for a new one, how would you know that without a 2nd sensor?
5. I'd run it because what harm is done if you don't? I'm running both 02. Just get a cat with a bung in it or at rotan they can add one in. No big deal.

Oh and your going to get Custom taxed out the ass for those headers LOL

Be prepared.

I'm tellin you man, next time you need something shipped let me know, it will save you some $$
Old 05-04-2006, 01:02 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

yes, please leave both O2 sensors plugged in. eyeroll.gif
Old 05-04-2006, 12:15 PM

Ya i was gonna use both anyways. It has a spot for two anyway so why not, just makes sense. As for the custom tax i guess i should have seen that coming. I think these headers are going to be more trouble than what there worth at the moment. I know i'll have to pay the 15% on them, does anyone know how much or what % the customs tax is?

Before they got the payment they were sending tones of emails asking wheres our payment. So i replied and they kept sending them. Now i know the payments there so i emailed asking if they recived it and i get no response. i swear if these guys screaw me in goin down there in person and kickin some a**. All i can say is never again. mario wish i would have met you 1 week sooner than i wouldn't be goin through this crap.

BTW what a diff with the R side shifter compared to stock. Feels like i'm drivin a 50's hotrod with that stock shifter. got to get me one of those hail.gif
Old 05-04-2006, 03:18 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

LOL

GO msg redz and tell him to do that comparison of shifters already LOL.

or just go to kspec.com and get the rsa.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:45 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (guido @ May 4 2006, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It has a spot for two anyway so why not, just makes sense.</div>

Because it won't work. You need your second O2 sensor AFTER the cat, not before it.

Put a plug in the second bung on the header, and get a bung welded in the exhaust pipe immediately after the cat. Or get a cat that has one built in.

If you're not willing to do that, your next best option is the leave the second O2 sensor exposed to fresh air. This worked for me until I had a custom exhaust made. But you don't want both in the header.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:02 PM

Dam i didn't know that. thanks for the info
Old 05-05-2006, 01:44 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (guido @ May 4 2006, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I know i'll have to pay the 15% on them, does anyone know how much or what % the customs tax is?</div>

NO customs tax. but the shipper will charge you processing fee

for example, my exhaust was sent as "18 usd", but customs knew ssautochrome was putting low amounts and asked me for paypal receipt.
so i showed them 260usd paypal receipt
15% tax + processing fee + tax on processing fee = about 90 CAD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>BTW what a diff with the R side shifter compared to stock. Feels like i'm drivin a 50's hotrod with that stock shifter. got to get me one of those hail.gif</div>

MUCH MORE precise shifting, reduced height. change it ASAP. makes world of difference!
Old 05-05-2006, 03:56 PM

I finally got word from them today. They say it will be 10 -14 business days, plus however long customs wants to ponder over whats inside the box. Dam its gonna be a few weeks before i have the things. Oh well i'll just wait . don't have much of a choice.

BTW thanks for the tip on the O2 sensors fonseca , much needed!