Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Headers...

Old 05-12-2005, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltraTibby @ May 12 2005, 11:45 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah but they are still 4-2-1 headers not 4-1.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

So? 4.2.1's seem fine for everyone. This "4-1 headers are better for auto" or whatever BS is just that, BS. You buy what you want to get improvements where you want, right?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OdessitPashka @ May 12 2005, 11:57 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Do you plan on selling your headers by any chance?

He answered that. If you meant the SSA's, no, he's not selling them until he goes turbo someday.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (javageek @ May 12 2005, 06:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a set of Maintec GT's sitting in my house, but those are earmarked for redzman. wink1.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I never said that it added 1-2whp, I meant it added 1-2whp more than OBX would.</div>

I know what you said. The OBX are a simple design and poor quality headers. Again, I HIGHLY doubt the difference would be 1-2 HP. It's not going to be 20 HP either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Hell, I got very good gains with OBX headers too.</div>

You will with any aftermarket headers. the OEM header design sucks ass.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>And EXD guy was the only one who did a good write up on them. Maybe I missed other member's posts here. If so, please link me.</div>

No, the other guy did too, can't remember his forum name.

Link you?

www.rdtiburon.com - search - header

LOL

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showuser=436

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=7128&hl=

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Also, I never said anything bad about them man. I'm sure they are great headers that provide nice power, but I don't see how they are worth extra $250-300 over a few more horses that they will provide over OBX.</div>

Ehh, to a ricer tuner like me, they are worth it for the LOOKS ALONE! I'm into styling and performance at the same time. Considering the argument from everyone here that they every tiny bit of HP helps, then 1 to 2 WHP, not to mention the TQ difference, is worth it. Well, there's the $3000 for a turbo kit (alpine) that'll get you about 40 HP as it sits. That's not that much of a difference for that cost either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>We need to see some dynos with those headers, if we'll see some major improvment, I'll change my mind and maybe will consider buying them smile.gif</div>

I agree, but with the Dyno history on these forums, it's not gonna happen. Especially before and after dyno's. I'm planning on dynoing mine before and after, but that will probably have the airram on also.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:21 PM

Yeah I had/have issues with the SSA headers hitting the tranny cage. The headers themself dont buzz at all but the flange on the tranny cage makes a quite annoying sound when you start moving and when you high rpm downshift.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:52 PM

Sadly, everyone is cheap here and won't dyno their car. Maybe we should do a fund raises for a before and after dyno? I'd pitch in a few bucks.

Thanks for the links smile.gif

He didn't do a great write up thought. He said he felt great gains, but so did I with my OBX. EXD guy specificly said where and when he felt and how much gain.

Alpine sux ass period!
Old 05-12-2005, 04:23 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltraTibby @ May 12 2005, 06:21 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> The headers themself dont buzz at all but the flange on the tranny cage makes a quite annoying sound when you start moving and when you high rpm downshift.

You know, my SSA header didn't buzz either, it was my custom exhaust that caused the buzzing.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:52 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i have maintec GT headers. but i'm waiting for my exhaust to come in before i can put them on.

i MIGHT need slimfans too. the fitment looks like the headers will be touching the radiator guards. BUT Kspec said in order for these to be installed, you need to take out the fans first, then install the headers, then put the fans back in. David said that was the way it was meant to be fit.

i have not installed them yet due to the exhaust, but i have them in my hands. they are extremetly well fabricated and the quality is superior. i have had mine jet-hotted and they look like the best possible product you can get for your N/A setup. those will definitely last a lifetime and they are very strong and crafted like a tank. they will surely not produce a buzz...

they are pricey, but i got mine from the Group Buy which was worth it. the final note is, if you want the best header and don't mind spending $100 per 1 horsepower gain over OBX, than go Maintec. i'm looking for every horse i can get due to the lack of turbo.

hopefully i have an airram on its way, so i won't be doing dynos. but one thing is for sure, i will post a huge post with sound clips and pictures of the headers and the sound they make along with a huge descriptive review of the gains so everybody can get a feel for what its worth. they are 4-2-1's so i'm hoping it's high end power...
Old 05-12-2005, 04:58 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OdessitPashka @ May 12 2005, 12:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>So, you had buzz with other exhaust system? What did you have before?
Do you plan on selling your headers by any chance?

Yes, I had a buzz with my old exhaust. It was a crush bent local muffler shop special. wink1.gif

I will sell my old headers when I go turbo. I tell you what, when I go turbo if you want these, pay shipping and they are yours. I will not be going turbo until fall of 2006 though. laugh.gif
Old 05-12-2005, 05:31 PM

How come nobody mentioned the Shark Racing headers? Be it the 4-2-1's, or the GT ones. How is the fitment/performance of these (if anyone knows)
Old 05-12-2005, 05:32 PM

One that no one has brought up is the KRD 4-1 headers. Havent heard anything one way or the other on them. Or how about the Hwarang 4-1 headers on HP?
Old 05-12-2005, 05:39 PM

So many headers to choose from!
Old 05-12-2005, 05:42 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

well, anyone who has bought the SR headers probably never received them lol.gif "friends don't let friends buy from SR"

KRD, those are just another cheap eBay brand, not much different from OBX or SSA (i think)

Hwarang?