Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Header Wrap Advice

Old 11-09-2008, 08:59 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

btw, if you use the metal tie wraps, secure them, then bend them back over themselves so that they cannot come unsecured and then cut the end. Also, always put the ugly side of any securing device on the back so that they cannot be seen.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Sonata Turbo

since i heard about the "paint" that protect the wrap

i always wondered when to spray it .... because when you start the car afther you wrap it the wrap kind of burn and there is smoke comming on it and it's made that way but what happend when you spray it before that ??
Old 11-09-2008, 09:03 PM
DTN

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLK2KTIB @ Nov 9 2008, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>But you have the 2 piece tho right?</div>

2 piece? as in a header, then a flex pipe?
Old 11-09-2008, 09:04 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0t

ya, mine is all one.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:26 AM
DTN

Mave: I used the engine to bake the paint. I turned the car on until it started smoking, then let it sit, then turned it back on until it started smoking, then let it sit... I did that about 8 times, then drove at low RPM to the store. When I got there smoke was comming out of my hood vents slightly, so I decided to really get on it on the way back and smoke was rolling out of my hood vents. I should have gone easier on it, but it's ok. the stuff is baked on.

blk: i dunno man. I'd be more willing to remove the alternator then the subframe for that. I've never done one of those.

LOL... Today I degreased and cleaned my engine bay in preparation for a clutch replacement this comming weekend. I got degreaser all over the header like I always did before I wrapped it. Anyways, it sucks the degreaser up and smokes like a MOFO while it's drying. While it dries it misted the degreaser back up through my vented hood and I'm going to have to wash and rewax my car now. Just a word of advice, do not get degreaser on header wrap. It could be fun to just get water on it and watch it roll steam out of the vents in the hood though... tell people that's what the vents are there for lmao.gif
Old 11-10-2008, 07:07 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

if anyone who currently has their headers off doesn't mind, could I get an inside diameter measurment of the collector pipes as well as a wall thickness or outer diameter? this would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance
Old 11-10-2008, 08:07 PM

Vehicle: 2000

BLK2K I also have a one piece header. It is a big pain to remove but if you jack the car up and take out the radiator it can slide out the bottom with less effort.