Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Header

Old 03-14-2008, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon FX
Default Header

Ok so Im in the market for my first header but I dont wanna get ripped off (who does) so I was wondering if anyone could help me out and inform me on the good brands and the not so good brands!! Like I said I dont wanna get screwed and I dont know which ones are good ones and which ones are not so please help me!!! LOL!!

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

First off, do you have a 5-speed or Auto?

Second...alot of headers will give you generally around the same gains. The full all out real expensive race headers will give more, but generally speaking...give or take a few horses...most of the ones on the market that people generally get are all around the same in power levels.

Third...do you care how the header looks as well as performing, or do you not care about looks over time? I ask that because alot of headers that are out there may rust or turn color. You can fix this buy getting a header thats coated to prevent discoloration and help keep heat in, or you could just buy header/heat wrap.

Fourth...do you currently have an aftermarket exhaust on the car? Either mandrel bent aftermarket system, or a crushed bent "Monroe Muffler Special?"