Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Head Cover Set

Old 07-23-2005, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad_john @ Jul 23 2005, 06:17 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i am dum,, how do you crome plastic??? the kylron spray will not work for shit right , you have to get it diped right
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

yep, you can crome almost anything. For metal things you can galvanize them.
For non metal - they cover it without galvanizing (don't know how that called in English 02.gif ).

I know a place in Ukraine where they can cover anything that will fit in their machine.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:35 AM

If you have ever built a model car or ridden in an 80s american Luxury car.. you will know they can chrome plastic,
Old 07-26-2005, 09:19 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Jul 23 2005, 12:26 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>We'll find out when David replies.
Any word?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad_john @ Jul 23 2005, 01:26 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>shit i in for a gb on the valve covers, i will even see how much there are here and buy them
i need to know how many rd1/rd2
Hey Mad_john have you seen those there in Korea? It's the first time I see one of those things but I must tell you guys it would be awsome to have one of those... really I always thought our engines needed some kind of an upgrade in appearance (that's the ricey part in me talking nana.gif ) and that could be just THE thing that could turn or engine bays into a show like bay (picture that with an AirRam, Headers, wires, CAI, etc
Old 07-29-2005, 12:46 PM

has anyone thought that the chrome would lose its adhesion after a few months of oil spillage, and high temps? I've seen plenty of chrome on bike wheels fall off from abuse of the elements, and an engine bay has some wicked temperatures. I'd almost expect it to have crack lines after a few days. Thought, i guess it may serve purpose to insulate heat inside the head, and maybe keep he temp down a degree or two.

off topic (sorta): what we should find is if a machine shop can make some covers from a CNC machine, just take the dimensions of the cover, and recreate it, it would be blocky lookin on the outside, but the beta 2 cover is already just that smile.gif Blunt guess would be a shop doing a GB on these could probably get them made around $300 each, aluminum can also be galvanized, red, blue, u name it wink1.gif
Old 08-01-2005, 08:50 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zhiryst @ Jul 29 2005, 01:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>has anyone thought that the chrome would lose its adhesion after a few months of oil spillage, and high temps? I've seen plenty of chrome on bike wheels fall off from abuse of the elements, and an engine bay has some wicked temperatures. I'd almost expect it to have crack lines after a few days. Thought, i guess it may serve purpose to insulate heat inside the head, and maybe keep he temp down a degree or two.

off topic (sorta): what we should find is if a machine shop can make some covers from a CNC machine, just take the dimensions of the cover, and recreate it, it would be blocky lookin on the outside, but the beta 2 cover is already just that smile.gif Blunt guess would be a shop doing a GB on these could probably get them made around $300 each, aluminum can also be galvanized, red, blue, u name it wink1.gif

Actually I thought the one in the picture was more a metal piece rather than chromed plastic; and yes, chromed plastic wouldn't be worth the effort (if it's not proven to last on those conditions). A CNC aluminum piece would rock; BTWm did you mean anodized or galvanized? Because I don't think aluminum needs to be galvanized...
Old 08-01-2005, 09:09 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Anyone know what the valve covers for SRT4's are made of? They look plastic to me, and this guy powder coats them.

http://forums.racingpensacola.com/viewtopic.php?t=11909

He's going to be doing my airram, if I had an extra valve cover I would have him do it as well.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:12 AM

I don't think that you will be able to get a GB going with 100 people.