Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Having A Problem With My Cruise...

Old 03-24-2007, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

That's exactly what I said. If you have LED bulbs in there, the LIGHT on the button still comes on, but cruise will NOT activate.

Leave the thread alone. There is no more arguing on this point.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:15 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

allright guys, sheesh...

it ended up being a mechanical problem. cruise cable was staying on the throttle body, cost me 44 bucks to find that out and it still wants to slip out. idiots at the hyundai service place want me to buy a new TB to fix the problem. yeah right, I'll just find a way to pinch the cable groove so it will stay in there better.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:02 PM

This just happened to me.
For me it did turn out to be the stupid LED's in the tail lights that were somehow disabling my cruise control.
I would not have thought it would be my new LED's, it really sucks, they are cool dammit! I guess I'll have to find some
other use for them, or maybe sell them. Really disappointing, but I'd rather have cruise than LED's in the tails.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^I'll buy em!! You need to put a resistor in line with them to make the cruise work. There was a thread similar to this a time back, and Redz said that would fix it.
Where'd you get those bulbs, and how bright are they?
Old 08-03-2007, 04:17 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^A resistor will make them work well, voltage travels through a resistor, but gets chopped by the foreward bias of a LED. If you put a resistor between the hot and the ground it will appear to the vehicle as a normal bulb.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Mar 24 2007, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That's exactly what I said. If you have LED bulbs in there, the LIGHT on the button still comes on, but cruise will NOT activate.

Leave the thread alone. There is no more arguing on this point.</div>

The button, but not the indicator on the cluster right? That's what I was saying.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:34 AM

A resistor would make it work? How complicated would that be to install? Just solder one in the tail light wire harness?
Also how would I know which resistors to buy?
Here is a link to the website I got the LEDs from. I also got lights for my corners and sidemarkers there too. Pretty good stuff!
http://superlumination.com/1156_1157.htm

The LEDs are 3-watt Super Stars. I got them in red and amber. The website does have specs for the bulbs,
but I'm not sure how to read the info to know what proper resistors to get.
They are fairly bright, although they do have a forward facing beam of light. I could take some pics.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:40 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Just go to Superbright LED's website and pick up the flasher load pack, crimp it in place, no more problems.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/sto...548&next=50