Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Having A Problem With My Cruise...

Old 03-15-2007, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

when i try to set my cruise on my 5sp tib, it doesn't want to engage. It worked all the way from ohio to kansas last weekend and now it won't work. when you push the cruise set button on the wiper controls to engage, the cruise light in the dash lights up but nothing after this. yes I am turning on teh cruise in the beginning,lol.

any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Lee
Old 03-15-2007, 02:08 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

check your vacuum lines into the suxor. It's the round black thing on the left hand side at the back of your engine bay. Make sure you don't hear any wooshing back there either. It sounds like a vacuum or physical wire problem.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:30 PM

CHECK THE CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT ITSELF, MORE TIMES THEN NOT, ITS ADJUSTED OUT OF WACK, SO THE CRUISE WONT ENGAGE.

(sorry bout the cap's)
Old 03-15-2007, 05:09 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

luckily i remeber someone posting about this (could've searched)-... but i'd check your brake lights first. and if you have led bulbs for brake lights than switch em back to stock or deal w/o cruise. cruise can be dis-engaged by tapping the brake pedal hence connection between brake light and cruise.

if they're ok check your brake light fuse (i think it's 3rd down from left in cockpit). always start w/ the cheapest parts first when the answer is not obvious.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

I will check all of those ideas guys, thanks. the clutch since it was brought up does feel a little sluggish, maybe that is it.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:13 AM
DTN

nah, the cruise indicator light on the gauges would not come on if it were electrical.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:29 AM

^

actually i know for a fact the light comes on even when that sensor is adjusted out of wack. the sensors are what kick off the cruise when u push in the clutch, well it is adjustable, and can get knocked out of wack. so far ive had the problem in my car, and helped out a friend who ended up with the same problem after we tried figuring out why his cruise didnt work.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:35 AM
DTN

^^ you're talking about the light on the dash, not on the cluster. as soon as cruise gets disengauged by the pedal, the light on the cluster goes out.

unless it's a problem with the computer. it's all computer controlled

CRUISE CONTROL SYSTEM SCHEMATICSCRUISE CONTROL SYSTEM (1)
CRUISE CONTROL SYSTEM (2)
Old 03-16-2007, 07:31 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Mar 16 2007, 03:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>nah, the cruise indicator light on the gauges would not come on if it were electrical.</div>

DTN, I should warn your ass, stop posting shit you THINK you are right about.

I lost cruise for a year, couldn't figure out why as everything worked perfectly. A member here named KAYJAY who worked for Hyundai in Canada had a customer that had the EXACT same problem. The cruise light would come on, but you couldn't SET the cruise. The customer had LED bulbs in his tails. They swapped the bulbs and it worked.

He informed me of it, I swapped my bulbs, and it worked fine afterwards.

Seriously, we understand you know electronics, whupty doo, but that doesn't mean you are always right.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:28 AM
DTN

^^ I never said I was always right. I looked at the schematics and an electrical problem didn't make sence. That answer still dosn't make sence. If you had LED bulbs, it should just not activate cruise, not turn the light on. That kind of operation is usually handled by a J/K flip flop or a digital switching device of some sort.... but the schematics are only so detailed.. I was giving a common sence answer.