Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Have A Few Problems...

Old 05-16-2005, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this post...but here it goes anyways:

I've had my 01 tib for 2 months now and everything was fine until the other day. On my way back from the mall I turned the airconditioning on and there was a clicking noise coming from the passenger side floor area (like under the dash). It was a clicking noise but more of a hum because the harder the air conditioner blew the louder the hum. It's not just the A/C, it still makes that noise when the heat is on too. I'm thinking its probably some sort of fan or blower that's making the noise but I'm not 100% sure.

Also, I was trying to figure out why my fog lights dont work. I'm reffering to the smaller lights closer to the bottom of the car, I think those are the fog lights 02.gif . Anyways I checked the fuse box and there wasn't a fuse, so I figured this was the problem. I went to radioshack and got a fuse for it (15 amp) and tried them again...and again nothing. So I checked the bulbs and they seem fine. I'm still stumped as to why the fog lights dont work. I put a fuse in the fuse box under the hood, do I need one in the fuse box under the dash? How do I go about getting at it?

Any help would be awesome. laugh.gif
Old 05-16-2005, 05:54 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Did they work before or is this the first time you've tried them? Fuses might be the problem. Did you have your car turned on when you replaced the fuses? If so I'm thinking you might have blown it.

As for the first problem with the A/C and Heat fan. I suggest to live with it. Mine did that for a couple days this winter. Mainly when it was really cold. It was more of a squeaky sound. But, if it's a constant sound that seems like it's grinding or chewing something, take a look at it. YOu should be able to see something underneath the pass. side crashpad. If not go to hmaservice.com and use webtech to find solutions to your little issues.

Hopefully someone more electronically inclined can help you out with the fog light stuff.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:59 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

my AC used to click too, under the glovebox (where it sounds like the noise is coming from) there's the little blower, unscrew it and take it off and you will probably find a leaf or something in there causing the rustling.

when you turn your fog lights on, does the green light come on on the switch?
if not, they're probably not connected to the wiring connector, or else the harness behind the switch in the dash is not connected. i am not sure if there is a fuse for the fogs in the car, why don't you just look on the diagram by your brake/clutch pedal?
Old 05-16-2005, 05:59 PM

Location: Lillington, NC & Maryville, TN when I can get there

I would suggest tryin to change out your foglight bulbs just to be sure, just because they look good doesn't mean they are.
I have had light bulbs that looked good that needed to be changed, that is my suggestion.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:25 PM

Guys I dont think he is talking about the fog lights. It sounds like you are talking about the front running lights (between the corner lamps and where the fog lights would be). If you look at my pic below are those small lights near the bottom what you are talking about or down further where the vents are there would be fog lights. the way you explained it I was a little unsure which you ment.

Old 05-16-2005, 07:29 PM

Well I looked at that blower under the glove box before, but wasn't sure if that was it or not. So I'll open it up tomorrow and take a look. It really only does sound like something like a leaf is stuck in there.

As far as the "fog lights" go....

ultratibby is right. my car is completely stock so I'm talking about the little lights in the picture right above the vents. If those aren't the fog lights then why is there a fuse for fog lights in the fuse box? And no my car was off when I put the fuse in, so it should be fine but I will double check it. Also if the wiring isn't hooked up for these lights then why even have them there? It's not like they're just reflectors, there are bulbs in them. I guess if they are DRL's then I still have to try changing the bulbs and if that doesn't work then I dunno what to do.

Also zoned109, I dont know what green light or switch you're talking about. Remember I have an 01.

*by the way I'm a noob if you couldn't already tell, so please bear with me.*
Old 05-16-2005, 07:36 PM

Actually I have a 15amp fuse for the fogs too and dont have them. makes perfect sense . Anyway, the front markers that you are talking about turn on when you turn on your running lights. I would have to look but I am pretty sure they have their own fuse either in the car or under the hood. They are definately wired up probably just a blown or missing fuse.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

those are not fog lights at all. they are called position lamps. i dont even know what their purpose is.

they are fused with the right and left taillamps, in the engine bay fuse box.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:52 PM

I was going to suggest looking in the engine bay fuse box. Right by the battery.

Also, my fan does that on occasion too, usually when it manages to ingest a leaf or something from outside. Run it on high for a couple of minutes and it should clear (Provided the fan is turning)
Old 05-17-2005, 04:59 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I have sometimes the same with my fan too.

If you don't have fog-light switch (to the left of the steering wheel) than you don't have stock fog-lamps.

BTW fog-lights works only with parking lights on, FYI.