Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Grinding Soud From Rear

Old 03-08-2006, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys not to hijack anything but i'd feel stupid starting up the same thread as this..but i have a grinding sound coming from the rear on the passenger side. i jacked up the back and the wheel that grinds wont turn by hand but the other one will. i changed the pads last month and when my brakes havent warmed up they squeek, after theyve warmed they dont. 1997 tiburon btw. i dont think i left anything out. what do you guys think? i cant figure out if its a bearing or the brakes.

edit-oh yeah and i had my girlfriend go real slow while i stood and listened and it squeeks at low speed..after 5mph the squeeking leaves though
Old 03-09-2006, 12:15 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

hmm, maybe your e-brake cables are not adjusted right? try loosing them.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:24 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

LOL, if your wheel doesn't spin you've got a different problem..
How about letting the ebrake down next time and then tell us how it goes lmao.gif
Old 03-15-2006, 10:33 PM

haha..no..i dont think thats the problem..and besides one back tire does and one doesnt..and the tire that does grinds/squeeks/chirps...anyway it'll all be taken care of this weekend