Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Glasspack

Old 05-11-2005, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CLick mE!

The the second one down its a Twin Tube Turbo pack or something.

Anyone know what this will do to horsepower? Will it take away if i have full headers cat and back. Mine is buzzy just trying to get rid of that.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:30 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

i would go with a thrush glasspack from summit its a preforated core and costs like 17 bucks or so when i installed mine i didnt notice any loss in performance
Old 05-11-2005, 12:39 PM

Yeah but that is still loud. this one is supposedly not. Im tired of the noise. I want it to be quiet again. or at least as quiet as possible without to much performance loss 02.gif
Old 05-11-2005, 03:21 PM

I got the perfect glasspack/muffler for you. It encorporates relfective noise technology in conjuntion with abosorption principles to dampen noise effectively, very sophisticated. I would get it
http://www.hedman.com/pages/hedmanmain.html

just clic on mufflers to the right, it will then give you a couple of options, click on muffler and scroll down untill you hit "glasspack muffler"
Old 05-11-2005, 03:33 PM

<span style="color:red">i have a glasspack muffler but it's not quiet...it's deep and low. it got louder when i bought the headers and removed a cat. it's not buzzy at all but it is loud. i don't mind it because i love the way it sounds. it really deep and throaty sounding. i actually want it louder. tongue.gif </span>
Old 05-11-2005, 03:45 PM

Well, I have a Maintec Header (Great, I am in love with it; thick walls, don't buzz quite nothing) but it's a little loud. I have that combined with two Thrush Glasspacks, one is a short 2,25" (don't remember the length but it's the shortest on that diameter) and the otherone is a 28" long 2,5" glasspack, after that one pipe is 2,5" pressbent all the way to the muffler; which is not an empty can, nor a "glasspack type" round muffler; it's an oval semichambered muffler with ceramic packing from Summit racing and I think it does quite a good job quieting things. Sound is really low, not canny nor ricey, BUT a little too loud (I can still live with it and I like it).

If you really want less sound, first have very clear what you what to quiet down, if it's buzziness, you better look into headers (if you don't have headers, then a long glasspack should take car of it with no problem; I also endorse Thrush perforated core glasspacks).

But if it's sound level you want to quiet down, then my friend you will HAVE TO sacrifice performance in some degree (that's not a chrime; sacrificing a few HP's and maybe 1lb of torque for your peace of mind is not bad at all). You won't be able to quiet your engine down if you don't put restrictions on the way of the exhaust gases. If you want OEM quietness, go for an OEM type muffler, and if you don't want to loose all performance, choose a bigger engine muffler like the muffler from a 3.0 V6 Pathfinder, or so, as they are prepared to flow more gas, they will kill noise and still don't be as restrictive as your OEM unit.
Or you can go to a muffler shop and tell them you want to test some different mufflers and they can take out your current muffler, put a straight pipe into your pipe and attach the new muffler to mimic how it would sound installed.

Hope you find your balance between acceptable sound and performance.