Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

General Questions

Old 11-24-2006, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...8&hl=PULLEY

this DIY will explain how to remove the belts (you wouldn't need to remove the pulleys though)
Old 11-25-2006, 09:10 AM

I changed the plugs, used some IM/TB cleaner, and tightened up the alternator belt. Now there is no more squeaking and barely any vibration at idle. When I am driving it seems like the wheel bearings are shot, can feel vibration from the front tires.

How hard is it to replace the wheel bearings? And how much does Hyundai charge for it? I want it to be done right, but if its pretty easy and Hyundai charges a lot I don't mind trying myself.

Thanks to everyone for all the help, you guys have been great!
Old 11-25-2006, 09:35 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

From my understanding of wheel bearings, you can tell there going bad when you make a harsh turn and it makes noise... vibration from the front tires probably means they aren't balanced correctly, you have a bent rim, something of that nature.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:18 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Arcleo @ Nov 25 2006, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I changed the plugs, used some IM/TB cleaner, and tightened up the alternator belt. Now there is no more squeaking and barely any vibration at idle. When I am driving it seems like the wheel bearings are shot, can feel vibration from the front tires.

How hard is it to replace the wheel bearings? And how much does Hyundai charge for it? I want it to be done right, but if its pretty easy and Hyundai charges a lot I don't mind trying myself.

Thanks to everyone for all the help, you guys have been great!</div>

Definately need to get wheels balanced. You can get it done at walmart for about $25 with tax.

But it could also be a bent rim as well. I jacked up my car once so all the weight was on one wheel diagonally for a short time and it bent a rim. You can tell a bent rim because vibration will start uniformly on the steering wheel at about 25-30 mph and not get worse with high speeds. a unbalanced tire will start getting worse the faster you go.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:02 PM

Thanks again for all the input, just have a quick question.

The next step I want to do is new header's and cat-back exhaust, do I need to replace the catalytic converter? I know its a good idea, but will aftermarket parts work with the stock Cat. Converter?