Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Gauges Hookup. Egt Hookup

Old 08-03-2006, 07:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i got my gauges the other day.. pics will be up soon. i gotta somehow jigger rig the triple gauge pod thingy to work right and then ill install.

i havent hooked these up yet, but so far i would recomend the MEgan racing gauges.. they have a kool dim feature which im not sure i will hook up yet or not.. might be just a PITA, and not be worth it.. the heat over here is killing me, and i can hook up later if i want to.

anyway, i got these gauges

oil temp. gotta hook that one up to the oil pan sad.gif yay.. i love the oil pan..

<u>oil temp hookup</u>
anyway where would it be recommended the best place to hook this one up to? highest on the oil pan, front? back? imma get this professionaly done, and have my end cap near transmission heliocoiled to fix my small leak at the same time. (i stripped a the threads in the alum cap.. oops.) its a lil 1/8 NPT tap that just would thread into an area with a probe on it.

<u>oil pressure hookup</u>
this is pretty obvious.. i should just unhook the stock pressure sending unit, and thread this one right into it, and hook up the gauge, ill be good to go right?

<u>boost hookup</u>
im just gonna take my autometer one out, hit it with a baseball a couple times, put it in the oven at 500deg. for 30 min. and be done with that.. then just hookup the tubing to the new gauge and be all done..

<u>EGT</u>
yay.... i get to take off the turbo manifold again... tired.gif tired.gif tired.gif i have read to put the probe in all different areas.. the collector.. the exhaust housing.. or one of the tubes on the hottest cyl... i need a recommendation on where to put this thang by some of you guys.. jon, viper, madjohn, gary, jay, help lol..

then ill finally have accurate, nice looking gauges, and be able to monitor everything.. which will be nice, cuz even tho my wideband numbers are good, i want to monitor my EGT for sure, and the oil temp. pressure will be nice to see if anythings goin funky. and the boost, well i need that cuz autometer blows.. cant always have my laptop plugged in to monitor stuff..
Old 08-03-2006, 11:27 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

about the oil pressure, obviously you meant your going to but a 3 way into it and hook up both the pressure sending unit and the gauge?

+1 on the autometer destruction.

As for the probe location viper966 says " best spot is 2 inches away from the hottest cyl, which would be cyl one"

although Gary says use cyl 4, but both agree their is little difference
Old 08-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Banned

cyl one is the one that gets fuel first right.. closest to drivers side of the car? yah i misewell just T it off, since i had a T when i had my oil feed coming from where the sending unit was..
Old 08-03-2006, 03:38 PM

actually CYL 1 is the one @ the passenger side... and thats where u put it.. about 2 inches away from teh cylinder

oil temp goes next to ur drain plug so its always submerged under hot oil
Old 08-03-2006, 04:10 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

make sure you dont put it in a funky position so it wont make changin your oil a pain in the ass lol
Old 08-03-2006, 05:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

for oil pressure and temp gauges i bought a thing on ebay that goes to the oil filter. it has 3 things on it to hook up sending units or oil feed line. worked out really well and it was easy. i think its called sandwich plate on ebay
here
Old 08-05-2006, 05:44 PM

some oil temp gages come with a drain plug adapator. They actually take the place of the drain plug. You just have to unplug the wire to take it out to drain the oil
Old 08-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Banned

yah mines just a lil 1/8"npt sensor.. would that sandwhich plate work ok.. dont wanna tap oil pan nemore.. always have some kinda probs with that stupid pan... i know i suxors but if the sandwhich plate works id rather use that..

thanx eric for that linky..