Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Gauge Questions

Old 05-21-2006, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Hi,
I've searched the posts a lot, and nothing really covers what I'm looking for.
I was thinking of getting a 2 or 3 gauge pod, probably a universal one, and gauges to go with it. Is there any consensus on where to get a pillar pod for an RD2, or is a universal the only good option?
Where's the best place to get gauges to go with it? I'm hoping to keep this as cheap as possible, but still reliable. I was wanting to get something to include Voltmeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temperature, AF ratio or something like that (no more than 3).
Then, how do you install these? I've searched around a lot and can't find anything worthwhile. As for the oil temp and pressure, is there a hookup somewhere to connect to? If so where (pics plz?) Is there any way to get an AF gauge for the RD2 or is that not feasible without spending a load of money? Then for the Voltmeter, where's the best hookup for that?
Any advice, pics, ANYTHING! would be greatly appreciated! smile.gif
Thanks for the help!
SE
Old 05-21-2006, 11:52 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

ok, noone wants to say it. So i'll just put it out here..

EBAY.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-Triple-...sspagenameZWDVW
Old 05-22-2006, 01:24 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

they don't make one for our cars.
those ebay ones are universal, and you can make them fit, but they just won't look nice.
the only real way to do it is to go custom, mold your current a-pillar using some bondo or something around the gauge.

otherwise, keep a close eye in the classifieds section..there was one group buy ever ran and they made some nice 3 pillar pods that FIT our cars, they cost around $100, only a limited amount was made, sometimes you find people selling them. if you don't want to go custom or use a crappy ebay one, that's your only hope.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:07 PM

Are there any DIY's or guidelines or instructions or something on how to attach the gauges to the vehicle? Voltmeter, oil temp and pressure, a/f ratio?
SE
Old 05-23-2006, 03:10 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

If you search I know you can find one for the oil pressure, not sure about the other two. Might have to make a post about it once you get it, I know people have done it, can't be too difficult.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:25 PM

you can hook all those up. the afr is not as effective or accurate with a narrowband oxygen sensor. just get them and then ask questions. wink1.gif