Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Gauge Cluster Problem

Old 01-30-2007, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so I searched the forums and couldnt find anything like this. I just re-installed my crash pad and put in my cluser.... Tach reads 4G and speedo also reads approx. 40mph.... Don't know whats going on, Tach still responds to gas. I knew some of you on here are gauge cluster gods so figure i could get some help... Pleaseeeeee
Old 01-30-2007, 08:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Did you do anything to your cluster??
It simply sounds like your needles are off. Do a search for needle calibration, there's a few posts with info on how to do it.

Basically, you take off your needles, turn on (but don't start) your car. Put the tip of the needle exactly at zero (resting on the little stopper pin) then carefully push the needles back on the pins.
You can start the car, and your tach should be sitting around 850, once it's warm.

I think I probably just confused you... It's not terribly hard, just be sure the car is on (it can be running when you do the speedo) and get the needles exactly at zero, then gently press them back in place. When I did mine once, I set the speed while doing about 60 mph smile.gif
Old 01-30-2007, 08:50 PM

Makes perfect sense, thanks alot, I didn't even think about that, I heard of calibrating them before but never really read about it.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:40 PM

have the same problem right now, my fuel and temp needles work fine but my speed and rpm are wayy off, it looks like i'm redlining it doing 80mph when i'm onli going 25 tongue.gif