Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Gates Racing Timing Belts

Old 07-12-2012, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Gates Racing Timing Belts

Its time for me to change my timing belt again and I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with Gates Racing belts?

http://www.gatesracing.com/timing.cfm

Incredibly strong, extremely heat resistant. Tough enough to take the worst pummeling your engine can dish out. No other belts help protect your engine and deliver high performance like Gates Racing Performance Timing Belts.

Yes, the color gives you a hot custom look. But look deeper. Constructed of HNBR elastomeric composites, Gates Racing Performance Timing Belts are 300% stronger than stock belts and deliver up to three times the heat resistance. You can count on them to hold up to the rigors of high horsepower, even with interference engines.

1. Wear Resistant Teeth. High saturation HNBR elastomeric composites contribute to the exceptional durability and heat resistance with aramid reinforcement.
  2. Robust Reinforced Tooth Jacket. Durable nylon fiber provides extra wear resistance, doubling tooth strength.
  3. Super Strong Tensile Cord. Added strength comes from premium, high-strength glass cords.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

got a gates belt on my car right now

every motor ive worked on got a gates belt

nothin wrong with em, hell i bet the stock belt was made by gates
Old 07-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

It was. These days they are marked Hyundai, Kia, Gates all on the same belt. It's a timing belt. They don't slip or stretch until after you should have replaced them anyway. Go with an OEM or parts store replacement unless you just gotta have the color.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I've got a Gates Racing on my Civic. Since it's mostly a track slut, it spends most of it's like over 5K rpm. I figured it was cheap insurance.