Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Gas Pedal Squeeking ?!

Old 12-06-2007, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine doesn't squeak, but it is quite stiff all the time. This means that the throttle becomes tricky. You can press on the gas slightly, but nothing happens until you press hard enough to get the pedal moving, and then you've pressed too hard and you get a kidney-punching good time laugh.gif

So my remedy? I'm planning on removing the pedal assembly and placing the pedal on a shaft with a small roller bearing. That should take care of the crappy response, and will only cost a couple bucks after a trip to Lowes.

I haven't looked yet (it's dark and cold outside) but is that spring you're talking about really necessary? I mean, I'm sure the pedal would return to normal by pressure of the throttle spring..... right?
Old 12-06-2007, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^i don't think it would return, and taking out the spring could be dangerous. new cars don't have old fashioned throttle cables anymore, they use some sensitive charcoal filament or something and the pressure is electronically controlled. it's really neat.

well there's only one kind of noise a bad spring makes. taking out the pedal is quite easy, taking it out from the throttle is just a clip you have to press to release the ring.