Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Fuel Saving Devices

Old 09-03-2005, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I tried to drive slowly, like a granny, slightly pressing gas pedal, trying not to brake much and I get 11 litres per 100 km. And if I drive harder (rev up to 3500-4000) I get 9-10 Liters per 100 km.

strange.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:14 PM

I agree with everyone who said drive slower, but more importantly, accelerate slower. I found that with highway driving, I get good mileage regardless as long as I use cruise control and stay under 70mph. However, when you drive in the city or live in an area where there is a lot of stop and go driving and short distance driving, it is very beneficial to accelerate much slower than most people do. When I drive locally, I make sure to raise my RPMs higher than 2000-2500 and my gas mileage is improved by 3-5 mpg than when I drive "spirited" or don't pay attention to how fast I accelerate.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:52 PM

Yea...what he ^^ said. Driving fast isnt really that bad once your cruizin. ITs getting to that speed that kills you. When driving around town, pull out slow and work your way up to speed rather than just hittin it and getting to 50 in a few seconds.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:20 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Great Comments everyone! smile.gif This is exactly what I was hoping for! I think that when people buy these gizmos to help increase MPG, they are already thinking about how much they push the pedal down. The fact that they stuck a magnet on their fuel line to get better milage means they are already thinking about conserving fuel and subconsiouslly they start driving with more common sense, accelerating slower and not mashing the pedal down, Then they believe that their purchase was a success and that the little magic magnet works, or the chinese star they wedged in their intake is the cause of their increased MPG. I think this is also why there are still misconceptions about these kind of gimicks.

I am still interested in the Stromberg attachments. Even if I get a bit more MPG, 1-2 and HP, 2-3, it would be worth it to me.

For now though I am definately switching to granny mode! I'll have to get my spirited kicks on Forza for a while!!!