Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Fuel Rail

Old 07-02-2007, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if this is in the right spot,sorry if its not.
Anyone know what size the hole on the fuel rail is,where the fpr is in.
Im trying to by adapter for it dont want to thread it.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:01 AM

I believe mine was tapped with a 3/8 national pipe thread, but be really careful you dont tap it too far and go into the 1st injector port. I got all my fitting from EARL's corp, they r like 6 bucks for that fitting I used.

Also, run a stainless line to the rail, DO NOT attach the fpr to the rail, you WILL break it.

I dont know where to buy an adapter that fits the fitting, i tapped mine an ran a stainless steel line to it. JonGTR has a setup an may have info on this as well, you could PM him maybe. Otherwise if u have more involved questions, u can contactm e, but hes a pretty knowledgable guy.
-Adam
Old 07-03-2007, 11:53 AM

Vehicle: Had 96 Elantra Wagon

Yes you need to use a 3/8 NPT tap and it works for both sides.

You can see mine in this pic:

Old 07-03-2007, 02:03 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

if you do not want to tap into the rail-... APE makes a flange with a fitting on the end of it that (should) bolt straight up to our fuel rails.

but i'd just tap into the rail. i'm sure it's much cheaper too!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:55 PM

Im getting mine connected to the rail now today too, and I can't get my fitting tapped in because no one has the bottoming 3/8 tap, so I am having a machine shop make me a flange that my fitting will then go onto. The flange is going to be the same pattern as the end of the rail. I ran all around today trying to find someone with the ight tap, and I just cant find someone who does, so i gave up and took it to a machine shop. They should have it done on thrusday so i'll have to wait to finsih my instal until then. Would you like me to post picks of the rail-flange-fitting when i get it all back so you can see what it looks like?
-Adam