Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Fuel Pressure Sensor ?/ Info

Old 07-20-2009, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

Yeah so i have had a reoccuring cel with my o2 sensors and my header and i have the spark plug fouler things to hopefully fix it. Anyway i finally decided to have the codes rechecked again and now i'm having a new issue with the fuel pressure switch. I am getting a cel code p0453 which is "Fuel Pressor Sensor Range High". Anyway i have read the webtech about how to test the sensor and all that...but i thought i would ask if anyone had any experience with this or had the same problem. I did find the one or two thread with no definitive answers or experiences with what worked or how difficult or how much the part is. Any info would be great.

Here is the link to the other older thread.
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...69&hl=p0453
Old 08-08-2009, 03:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

First thing I would do is pop the rear seat and check the wiring, just like in that other thread you posted. Work from there.

edit: I just noticed the date... Have you resolved this yet?
Old 08-15-2009, 08:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

Hey so i am still having issues with this i though i had fixed it..but evidentily not. So the situation was i had the code but the car was doing fine until a couple days ago it started overheating and so i found out the thermostat was bad so i fixed that and replace the gas cap with a new one thinking this may be the issue. So that actually fixed all my problems the next time i drove it(its a garage/trailer queen kinda car so rairly driven) and to my dismay the cel came back on...with the same code but this time the throttle would stay in high idle like at 2,000 rpm the whole time so i took it down the road just to see and when getting on the freeway with full throttle it bogged in 2nd and then came back and bogged again. Anyone think this is realted to the cel or think its a injector problem or any other hints....don't really have the time or money to take it to the dealer right now....actually thinking about selling it. Any info would be a great help.

Thanks
JD