Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Fuel Filter

Old 05-25-2007, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my car to the dealership to have my fuel filter replaced. The first time I was up there they told me it was in the gas tank. I came back home, went on webtech, and printed out the intructions for them to replace it. After they apoligize for being wrong they give me an estime of $70. I told them that was fine and waited for 30-45 minutes. They then told me that The nut on the bottom is so tight that to replace the filter they are going to have to replace the line with it $450 for the line, filter, labor and tax wtf1.gif
Old 05-25-2007, 07:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

just do it yourself
Old 05-25-2007, 08:00 PM

I tryed to, the nut on the bottom started to round
Old 05-26-2007, 01:20 AM

Vehicle: car

you need 19mm and a 14mm open end wrenches. The 19 goes on the filter itself and the 14 goes on the line. The dealership is bullshit, just have some patience and don't fvck your stuff it by rushing. You're car is 3 years newer than mine, so you should not have to worry about it being seized on any more than mine... Get a buddy to help you or something. if you look at the Wdymtw (what did you mod this weekend) in gen performance, I basically wrote a DIY for replacing your filter. Don't EVER take your car to a shop or dealer if it's something you can do with a little bit of patience.. You know how much getting my filter replaced cost? About $7. Take your time, and good luck.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:36 AM

I tryed on a few different occasions. The nut wasn't turning, the whole fuel filter was. I'll have my brother help me today with the filter when I put my cam in.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:38 AM

everyone allways has issues, but there not that hard. the member Pile_of_RD1 actually paid me to do his after he couldnt do it, and a worker at a shop couldnt. easiest $25 bux i ever made.