Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Fuel Delivery Problem? I Cant Figure It Out....

Old 07-27-2007, 01:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Could be that the FPR is stuck open. Get the fuel pressure checked.

Hnestly, on some things, it may be better to spend the money to get a Hyundai technician to find the problem since they have better tools. Then take it and fix it yourself.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It could be a lot of different problems:
it could be:

1. 1.8 intake cam and your current ECU are not working well together
2. bad FPR
3. bad head itself (valve or gasket)
4. bad fuel
5. your car being too old, so it needs to be tuned up

Defeintely, you need to change that 255 LPH pump. it is way overkill for stock motor and FPR.
Also, you need to look for real mechanic or hyundai dealer for your problem because many dyno shops don't have certified mechanic.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:12 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Since my 1.8 ECU install my car has felt weaker, and bogs sometimes. But my gas mileage has seriously went up. I'm still investigating this problem..

Have you checked all the intake sensors and stuff? MAF, TPS, etc, things that could cause you not to have enough fuel (someone mentioned unmetered air) what about a big vacuum leak somewhere? That would make it run better when it's warm, because warm air is less dense, so there is less of a leak when it's warm.

Also, change that fuel pump back.

I doubt that the fuel filter would cause something like this.

What if one of the injectors came unplugged? Or a loose connection?

Check the simple stuff first..I'd rather solder a wire than replace a fuel pump/filter/injector tongue.gif

On another note...you've been driving around like this for months? Not good!!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:45 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

Well it runs ok untill its at full throttle in high RPMs then its gettin starved of fuel.. so im just driving it normal and avoiding things like taking it to the track and ripping the shit out of it.. im gonna clean my MAF sensor here soon and if it makes a diff then ill just get a new one.. and if not ill check some more sensors.. ive had a few ppl mention a vaccum leak too so ill have to look into that..