Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Frost On The Inside Of My Windshield?

Old 01-19-2008, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so about a week and a half ago the car dealership did a free cleaning on my car. they did all the normal stuff and made it look nice, but i noticed the windows were "greasy"

the current weather here in nebraska is about 15 degrees for a high... and right now its -4.

my problem is:
the windshield is freezing on the INSIDE of my car, not the outside. complete opposite of what it should be, im finding myself scraping the inside...

this is really bothering me, anyone have suggestions or what may be causing this?

sorry for putting under general performance... not quite sure were to put this
Old 01-19-2008, 11:47 PM

I had frost on the inside of my windows the other day, but it was like -25c, it only happends when it's really cold.

There must be moisture inside the car or something, and it's warmer on the inside. I'm not really sure how it works, but if you wipe down the windows really good with some windex it might help a bit. Maybe leave a window open a little bit too.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:53 PM

hmm well ya it is -8F

however, it was near this cold before dealership messed with it.. and it never happend
Old 01-20-2008, 12:18 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

High Humidity or moisture in the car. Air out the car well, or drive with your DEFOGGER off for awhile. The heat will take care of the moisture after a bit, just turn on the defogger for long enough to clear your windows.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:17 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

The carpets or something may still be damp,once its all dry it'll stop frosting.
ps. I had a winter beater whose carpets were always soaked(hole in floor),hence frosted inside windows, .If (safe where you are at) you can leave a window open a 1/2 inch at night,it wont frost inside then.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:03 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Make sure there is no snow or any moisture in the car.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I find that frost usually happens on the inside when the car is parked with the windshield facing the sun.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:50 AM

Had them too, very difficult to remove it from the inside aside leaving the heater for a long time. What is weird is that the side windows are not frozen. I guess it is the deep slope of the windshield that pick up the water condensation and freezes.

Cleaning the windshield does help a lot.
Let the air circulation button on.
Dissecant bags on the floor.

In all, i carry a cloth in the car so every time that i leave the car for long, i wipe the inside to prevent it.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:16 PM

I took the advice given and have drastically improved the frost issue. I survived the second coldest night yet with minimal frost. I spent a good hour cleaning and wiping down the windows. I noticed on the back window a greasy like build up. i can only assume its left over "stuff" (lack of a better term), that the dealership put on them to make them look "nice and clean".

thanks again for all the advice from people on this forum.. I'm slowly but surely learning this whole car thing lol
Old 02-02-2008, 12:39 AM

I had a thief break into my car and busted my passenger window, I think because I only got the window replaced and not the sealed it has my interior all messed up in terms of temperature and letting in more air.