Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Found A Tib In A Junkyard

Old 07-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats not it either..

but no, its not a standard 4-1 header as far as our cars go.. its a quality one, meaning its something other than OBX, lol. im just not sure which header it is.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:03 AM

i thought that was the sr 4-1 header but dam it isnt lol
Old 07-21-2007, 10:06 AM
Banned

damn, you editted your post. lol.. i thought the same thing too, but i looked again, and diff. design..

i was just about to post the link and just say, heres your proof, put on some glasses.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Ewww. Mystery header, btw you cant tell from the pics but in a few places still it has that real sweet blue and silver tint like a quality ceramic coated header would have, its just oxidized over time. So i want to start looking around for a new flexpipe, any suggestions on what i should go with?
Old 07-22-2007, 01:28 AM

Vehicle: car

Possibly one of the unobtainable headers off of yijoo? I know they had an HKS one for us there, it's possible there is more. You gotta remember the car is 10 years old man, there's still things we don't know about them as far as who made what.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:36 AM

Vehicle: 99 rd2 coupe 1.8

just get them directly welded to your oem flex pipe. I have 4-2-1's configured like that on my 1.8 and they work great. 1.8 and 2 litre aftermarket headers are all the same. At least here in Australia. And i might be wrong, but it doesn't have to say ecfi on the plenum, it can still be a 2 litre.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:46 AM

Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alton87 @ Jul 21 2007, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ewww. Mystery header, btw you cant tell from the pics but in a few places still it has that real sweet blue and silver tint like a quality ceramic coated header would have, its just oxidized over time. So i want to start looking around for a new flexpipe, any suggestions on what i should go with?</div>

As for that, pretty much any muffler shop would be able to weld a new flex pipe in for you. It would be the best option unless your handy with a welder. In that case Midas sell the flex peices for about the same price they would charge you to cut out the old one and weld the new one in. Good Luck and that was almost as good of a deal as I got for my motor. 120$ for head and block. Its the 1.8 tho but I pulled it out of the car... it was smashed really bad in the rear. What a shame it only had 20k on it. Still ran, doesnt now cause I took it appart and its all in its millions of peice glory.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:44 PM

Today i got around to getting my header welded to the rest of the exhaust and i went to O'reilly auto parts and got a 5$ can of dupli color ceramic header paint in black and sanded and painted my header. The header is on the car now, but im taking a break from extending the O2 sensor and it should be running within the hour. All in all im happy with the end result, it looks great in a good coat of paint. Tell me what you think, also if we could figure out the brand name on this particular one it would be awesome.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Banned

hopefully that paint will hold up.. the VHT flameproof stuff woulda probably worked better..

the headers look AWESOME though.. cant wait to hear how they sound, and how you like em.. thats prob my fav. beta n/a header. i love the design..
Old 08-08-2007, 04:51 PM

Whoa!!!!!
I just started it up and let it run for a few minutes and gave it a few curiousity revs and it sounds sick even with the stock exhaust it gives it a throatier note. Im in love, im probably not going to drive it tonight just so the paint cures a little bit more but im impressed with the results.