Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

First 3

Old 05-05-2005, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ May 5 2005, 09:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sure, get a CAI. Not like you can't sell one of the Ebay ones for the same price you paid for it. Duh. LOL

You can get a decent CAI on ebay for well under 100 dollars shipped. Then sell it to someone else on the forums when you go up to Turbo.
Resonator Removal, it's in our DIY section (Do It Yourself, full instructions), go do it right now, takes about 30 minutes, tops. What does it give you? Much better throttle response, and a big woody from the sound.
Coming in and saying "I'm going to turbo it" is all fine and dandy, but you need to see what it TAKES to turbo the Tib, and do some serious research with your HP goals in mind. Many folks have said the same thing, then backed off and realized how much it's going to cost and the obstacles in the way.

Not trying to discourage you, but just be aware that it's not a "Slap it on" project to turbo our cars.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

i know, i sit here at work for 8hrs a day WORK for 2, im online looking up parts, cost, everything. ive done most my research. as far as turbo that wont be for awhile, im payin off my car insurance is 3200 a year and i also pay for school so yea lol.
<span style="color:red">
double post again...</span>

i know what a catback exhaust is, i was clearing up his statement.
<span style="color:red">
lol...mod edit #3</span>

sorry didnt see the double post thing till after the last one lol. THiS IS MY FIRST DAY IN HERE. im not THAT dumb to not know what a catback is

<span style="color:red">#4</span>

im looking at hi 200 hp
ive found
intake/exhaust camshafts 264 degree
82mm piston kit
underdrive pulleys
exhaust
short shifter
performane clutch

and so on, but im looking for the first 3 mods, as for turbo IDK yet i want one but i also dont want to drop that much money, so yea lol i contradict myself u could say
Old 05-05-2005, 10:38 AM

Get a FULL exhaust..

that will deduct about 500 from your account..

none of this cat back crap..

Get the high flow cat, glasspack, and muffler in either 2.5" or 3" if your going die hard turbo.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

You won't need those cams for that #, but you will need a decent fuel system. Injectors, all that shiz.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Alls you need to do is get Maximum Boost, it can explain every thing you need to know, its about 250 pages and you should get the book if you really want a turbo
Old 05-05-2005, 06:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Not worth wasting money on 264 degree paired cams on a street turbo setup... makes boost blowby and things harder to tune, and all sorts of other evil problems that you don't want.

If your after hp mods before the turbo, do the DIY Resonator Removal, slap a cone filter on the end of the MAF.... thats basically not even a mod cause it costs so little. Then get the exhaust done, some pulleys, and get your IM and TB port/polished.

If your dead set on a turbo, and willing to spend the four thousand dollars necessary to get it to work, because it will cost that much in all likelyhood, then work on suspension/brakes. Don't fiddle with performance right now.