Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Finally- My Supertech Engine Details

Old 09-05-2005 | 03:19 PM

it was included into tuning and such. Either way he'll achieve double the power for less money.

It's no brainer! Turbo all the way!
Old 09-05-2005 | 04:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I just would be hesitant to recommend a turbocharged setup for someone who would have no idea how to diagnose and fix their own problems with that setup.
Old 09-05-2005 | 06:05 PM

^ EXACTLY
Old 09-05-2005 | 06:14 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

even with a n/a setup you will need to know how to fix it

its a no brainer
Old 11-12-2005 | 12:29 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

like i told before , i allredy have this setut im my car the only thing i con tell you is that the porting is not as nice as i whant , and he tell me if i whant racing porting , it will cost more expensive the cam spec is 286deg and it have 9.5mm of lift , they are relly great , all there setup is whit the stock intake and stock computer , he say that the airram cost alot and he scared that you lost some torque . for more info on the setup , just asked me
Old 11-12-2005 | 10:50 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Screwdriver @ Sep 1 2005, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>NA would be reliable, stealthy and most importantly, not affect resale value (I can sell the car without undoing any mods).

I have no turbo experience, so it would need to be done by a pro booster. If done well, it can be reliable. Selling the car will be a b**** later, but I suppose it's worth the $1500+ in savings.</div>

I apologize if this has been covered, I just wanted to throw my $.02 in.

What if you went along with SuperTech to help you with a mild turbo system? I'm sure if they are the top Hyundai Tuner around they can do something with a TC system.

I apologize for not reading I just didn't want to forget to post this as I read.

It definitely seems like a decent deal cause it will be realiable, but the power output is poor. You also mentioned that that is crank HP, soi really your paying $6000 for 80 HP at the crank. eyeroll.gif

Even if it is at the wheels that is still very poor. You could buy your turbo setup, blow sh!t up and then replace it all for the same amount of money. Seriously. Turbocharging is difficult but not rocket science.

That is a good point ham,

You'll learn though, pick up a copy of Maximum Boost by Corky Bell and you'll be just fine. I know we get a little boost happy here most of the time, but............ Go with what works.
Old 11-12-2005 | 11:12 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

ok i will talk about supertech kits

porting job
shave the head to get your 11.1 compression
custom cam 286deg with9.5 lift
cam gear
gaz pressure regulator
gauge pressure
you can have also there header
you need a exhaust of 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 in
stock ecu
stock intakes manifold
stock tb just but they change the designe they do a venturie whit 58 to 53 , they say that help too keep your torque and gain hp
you also need cai
and the rest of the engine is stock
crank piston rod . . . all stock not even balance beacause they say , they run this engine too more than 7200 rpm at the racing track and they never blow an engine
so for more about it just asked me