Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Finally Installed Exhaust

Old 02-25-2008, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ur muffler come with a silencer? you could use that for DD and take it out when playing around. just thought id say that. when i put my 24" res. on after everything else, it didn't get quieter AT ALL. it took the buzz out of the headers a little, thats it.

BTW. does your Res. ping after being heated? i got the summit brand one and it does it. ping........ping......ping...
Old 02-25-2008, 12:40 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Elantra GLT

ok. .. let me do this. THis is what I bought:
THIS MUFFLER

THIS RESONATOR

THIS TIP

No silencers. No rice cans. I was going for good flow, deep tone and no resonance.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:29 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Spoolin' SOCKS @ Feb 25 2008, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>you say your not a n00b and know whats involved with putting a header on, but judging by your PURE ignorance, it tells me that you must be a n00b to certain things, like exhaust, and headers.</div>

Boy. . .you got me there. You're right, I know nothing about headers, or exhaust. I've never changed any of that ever. I didn't pull all the A.I.R. pump and equipment on 2 different vehicles, installed headers. I've never done any work on any cars. . .you caught me.

How 'bout this, before you start spewing your stupidity again, you might try reading. Since you're so smart, why don't you explain to me why people can still have CEL with headers and a cat installed after the header? How, with the Beta II's in particular, the amount of temperature drop from the header to the aftermarket cat can cause the 2nd O2 to trip a code or, worse, burn out the heating element.

But I'm just and idiot. What would I know. Fuggin moron. If you have nithing to cntribute than to spout off like an arrogant ass, then don't bother posting. You look like an idiot.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:34 PM

Bob...youre about 3 seconds away from getting warned, and this post either deleted or locked just lettin ya know lol fing02.gif

If you wanted a rather quite exhaust you should have searched on here to see what people did to mix and match and what their outcome was. i have a 2.5" straight pipe because i cut off my muffler for a reason...talk about loud...i just havnt had time to weld it back seein as im away at school
Old 02-25-2008, 01:43 PM

I had a feeling I'd be the one singled out. Try to have a decent conversation and get jumped on like a noob and called out by pricks. Not exactly the warm welcome one looks for.

I wasn't trying to get superty duper, oem quiet. Just looking to not have the resonance. I'm part of 3 other Hyundai forums, so I'm sure I've run across plenty of options, and then there's the personal experience both with this car and others. THeory is one thing, reality is another.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:46 PM

Id stop callin people names if i were you. itll only add fuel...

probably the knock of SLOWmaster... i have a magnaflow and LOVE the low deep tone i got from it
Old 02-25-2008, 02:06 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Spoolin' SOCKS @ Feb 25 2008, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>not worth my time to spell out for you how you are clueless about your own car, but thinking that you have to go standalone to not throw a CEL is just you not knowing any better.

thats fine with me. at least you know your ignorant.</div>

Geesh. . let me spell it out for you ONE MORE TIME. Sorry, I don't have crayons availalbe here to draw you the picture.

I know I don't need a standalone to run a header. I don't know how else to explain it to you. I'm guessing construction paper and crayola would help, but alas this is the interweb and that isn't available to me at this time. What I SAID was that I would not personally run a header on my DD. I would do it with the standalone to turn it into a track car only. Not only is it against FEDERAL law to remove the cat to run a header but it's a pita because we (Elantra owners) don't have a perfect bolt-on kit. Our dwonpipes have to be manufactured to fit what we have. I know that your little pea-brain may not be able to comprehend this, but there is enough differences between your MAF-based Beta and my MAP-based Beta II's PCM to cause other issues. Sorry if that confuses you. Plenty of Elantra owners still get CEL's with a header and aftermarket cat. Sure, some don't but it's a crapshoot as to whether your particular model will be sensitive enough to bother it.

But alas, that's NOT what this thread is about. It's about the fact that while the exhaust I now have flows great and has a nice tone, it's too loud for my taste.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Banned

and alas, after your big post, your still ignorant on your reason why you wouldn't run a header and why you would go standalone and make it a track car by adding a header.. you can still retain a cat with a header, and not get a CEL.

i know damn well what this thread is about, how you built a crappy system and it sounds like a rice cannon.

i would have posted my thought about how you could fix this issue pretty easily, but after reading thru your ignorant posts i felt it would only be right of me to let you know that. i wouldn't want you looking like a moron on any other forums.

im always here to help our n00bs
Old 02-25-2008, 02:27 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Spoolin' SOCKS @ Feb 25 2008, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>and alas, after your big post, your still ignorant on your reason why you wouldn't run a header and why you would go standalone and make it a track car by adding a header.. you can still retain a cat with a header, and not get a CEL.

i know damn well what this thread is about, how you built a crappy system and it sounds like a rice cannon.

i would have posted my thought about how you could fix this issue pretty easily, but after reading thru your ignorant posts i felt it would only be right of me to let you know that. i wouldn't want you looking like a moron on any other forums.

im always here to help our n00bs</div>

Not only are you a prick, but you're a self-centered know it all prick. You refuse to read anything that I write and instead make up your own reality. Must be nice to live in wonderland where you are the only one with knowledge.

As for a "crappy system", it sounds nice. Just too loud for this old man's ears. I got out of loud "kiddie cars" a long time ago. The tone and sound is great, but the volume is too loud for my taste.

I'd appreciate you getting your stupidity off my balls and try to act reasonable, but I understand E-thugs have a hard time with that.

I wondered how long before the true pricks I'd heard about would rear their ugly heads. I thought this might be a decent site with decent folks. But y'all proved me wrong TWICE now.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:18 PM

I will try to get a soundclip tonight or tomorrow morning. As long as the snow holds off.