Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Finally Equal Length Tubular Headers! Pics Inside!

Old 10-15-2007, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blacktibs @ Oct 15 2007, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>There is a stock flex pipe, stock cat, stock pipes, and stock muffler from an RD2 on the car in the video. Can you imagine taking a stock tib, and for under 500 bux making it look and sound like that?</div>

Are you sure the exhaust is 100% OEM?
There is no way an engine could sound like this with an OEM RD2 muffler if the line has no leaks... it sounds loud, I mean sexy and all, but loud, the OEM muffler would not allow that sound to happen... and if it does I would worry how loud it would sound with an aftermarket muffler (and I don't mean a fart can).
Old 10-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I have a loud deep roar with just an AEM CAI. No headers, no exhaust, nothin'... factory IM and TB.

I'm very happy with the sound on my Tib. No leaks, no problems.

Chris - that pulsating sound coming from the headers - did that already exist before the install or is that caused by the headers? It's a noise I'm familiar with high power vettes and supras making.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:52 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I really couldn't say for sure man. I know the idle is fine at 800 rpms, and the idle motor works fine. I'm glad you like the sound of it, and I cant really think of why my stock engine would sound different than any other stock engine. The only thing I could possibly think would be the cause other than its just that damn cool, lol, is the fact the 02 censor wasn't plugged in. The censor was screwed into the header, just not plugged in at the wire plug.

Zman, believe it bro. I'll snap a pic of the whole exhaust for you tomorrow if I can. Keep in mind I was literally bent over the engine hitting the gas at the TB with the camera inches from the header. It's not leaking or cracked anywhere. Granted a tiny bit of gas escaped through the flange cause there was no gasket, but the bolts were tight. I unbolted it earlier today, and it wasn't loose down there at all. As far as the install on a car with loud exhaust, how about this setup. Header, long pipe, muffler. No cats, no resonators, just straight 2.5 inch pipes. That's my setup for the black car once I pull the stock exhaust off it and swap it onto my RD2 (which currently has my 2.5" FlyRyde Catback). I'll film it, and I know it'll be loud as friggin hell. But good loud smile.gif
Old 10-15-2007, 09:04 PM

Well, I put the video up again and it's really hard to beleive you get that nice sound with just the headers... (I agree there is a nice AEM intake; but I didn't think it would be what's making that sound...) that header is sex...
Old 10-15-2007, 09:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I'm definitely looking forward to these as one of my first mods after I get my cai.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:10 PM

I think that's the best bet for somebody just starting on these cars. Its a damn good way to get the ball rolling!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Think you could get a drive by (and maybe one inside) video too just so we can have some more reference points?
Man even I really want to get these now..
Old 10-15-2007, 09:22 PM

Oh hell yeah. I'm gonna go driving up along the open roads by APE and get some sick ass sound clips. I'm stoked to hear these things while driving.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I agree completely - the first mods bought for our car should be a CAI and Headers. No doubt about it. It makes the car sound just as sexy as it looks.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:42 PM

Well, considering I'll have a confirmed 200 units aside from mine (shown in the pics) and hopefully most people will find a header that looks and performs like this is the best choice. That with a nice intake will open up the HP a bunch, and sound kick ass all for under 500 bucks. I'll make a discount package on my site. You guys here can always get cheaper AEM intakes from somewhere other than FlyRyde, cause our costs aren't as low as other vendors, but our header, that will always be available. We'll have tons of these things to sell you guys for a great price. This project finally came through, and I'm stoked about it. Check this this email from my manufacturer this morning smile.gif

"I will get you the price break down in a day or 2..

first batch, I will be making 200 sets, you can sell as many as you want, and tell me what is the retail price you want me to post on website, you can sell lower to get more customers, our msrp is just a tool for help our resellers to sell, we don't expect customers to buy retail price from us, we expect customers to buy from you guys."

So I"m pretty sure the best bet will be to make sure I have them on hand, ready to ship everyday and I keep the price as low as I possibly can. Imagine if I propose the AirRam to these guys, and I can sell something similar for like 300-400 bucks?