Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Finally Equal Length Tubular Headers! Pics Inside!

Old 10-14-2007, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People who still have money in this need to get them first.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:23 PM

Holy shit that sounds sweet. Are you sure they will fit with a stock rad and stock fans? Oh and what do you have done to your car that would affect the sound other than the headers and intake? If you only have that and it sounds like that then I will be a for sure buyer when I get the doe.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:32 PM

They will definetaly fit. The Koyo Rad. is thicker and it fits good judging by the pics it looks like he could add the fans on in there with the Koyo.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:35 PM

I dont know man^. It would probably be pretty close. I don't know shit about exausts really but on a stock RD exaust it goes headers and then the cat right? Like with everything stock my cat is pretty close to the fans as is and I don't know if this pulls everything up towards the fans a bit...Your probably right though.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:38 PM

The stockers are closer cause they have a second cat on them that's why they are closer. These are just the pipes that go straight down and arent fat enough to reach the fans like the cat.

And yeah, it goes headers then cat under the car with the aftermarket ones.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:12 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I know it would seem like these are a continuation of the headers prebuy with Hotshot, but they're not. I'll put all of my profits from the sales of these to easily ship out the first few to the new buyers, AND the old orders of the Hotshot headers that fell through. Its not that you didn't pay money, its that I basically misused that money and overall became indebted to you investors on that project. This project is not being held up for new orders until the first 5 guys who paid get their headers, its simply going to happen all at once. New buyers pay, I make profit, that profit pays for old buyers orders, 50 headers ship in the first month instead of everyone waiting for the first 5 to be shipped and then order. I just wanted to clarify, that in no way is anything holding up taking new orders except having the headers on hand. When they're in hand, they're up for sale, period. Everyone wins that way, even the guys who paid way back.

The small bit of exhaust you saw floating out of the pics was just from the bottom bolts. I didn't have a new gasket to install, so I just bolted up the bottom flange pretty tight and cleaned up. Then I started her up and heard em for the first time, and man was I about to pee my pants smile.gif

Lastly, the issue of clearance. I'm willing to bet these take up less space than the OEM header, and any other header out there. The design is crazy, its like they come out a little for the first bend, and then they hug the block all the way down. Even with a Koyo rad (thicker than stock) and the OEM fans, this will fit without modding anything.

Simply put, I believe this is the best header ever available for the Beta in N/A form. Taking into account the hot look, the great design, the price, and the availability, this thing should take the place of the stupid OBX headers flooding the market. You heard that sound, and the only thing performance on this car is what you see in the engine bay, and some coilovers. There is a stock flex pipe, stock cat, stock pipes, and stock muffler from an RD2 on the car in the video. Can you imagine taking a stock tib, and for under 500 bux making it look and sound like that? The only thing left to do is pull them off, bolt em up to a stock GK, and find out when I'll have them on hand so I can happily accept some orders. FINALLY, something goes my way, and right after we released the perfect hood for the RD2 to show these bad boys off!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:36 AM

Vehicle: 1999 hyundai tiburon

cant wait to get my hands on one of these lol
Old 10-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

just curious... there was a "pulsating" sound coming from the headers at idle. Was this already there, or a direct result of the headers? Sounded nice, but my car doesn't idle that way.

I have an AEM CAI and plugs/wires. Completely factory from the MAF to the exhaust tip, and I love the deep sound I get. The headers will only amplify and deepen my existing roar. fing02.gif
Old 10-15-2007, 11:31 AM

I love the hood too damn it. Be awesome to buy these and the hood in FG at the same time.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:53 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I just got off the phone with the owner of the production company who's making me these headers. He said to email him the pictures, and he'd give the OK to start the production run. Just thought you guys would be happy to know! I had to wait till business was open for the week, and it was killing me, but our new headers should be made up shortly. I'm hoping the wait isn't more than a month. I think they'll make 60-100 units for me, so the pressure will be on to sell when they arrive. I'll be selling the Evo Hoods for the RD1 and RD2 to compliment these headers now, so I hope for the sake of sales on those hoods that I can get the headers quickly.

I'll let you know what the timeframe is on them arrive here. Thanks guys.