Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Few Questions

Old 08-17-2006, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well, I've been MIA for a while, I have freshmen year of college coming up, my internet at home has died, and I've been enjoying the last few days of summer. However, there are still some problems that have popped up after the Air Ram/ 65mm TB install that I'd like to get out of the way. Frankly they confuse the hell outta me and probably stem from one problem.

First off, most annoying. When I start the car up, and immediately drive it, during shifts the RPMs fall extremely slow. Like 4 seconds for them to drop 1000RPM. Occurs on hot and cold starts. If I let the car idle up before I drive it, this problem is extremely diminished, or non existent. If I push in the clutch while in motion, the RPMs bounce around between 1500-2000. When the car comes to a complete stop, the RPMs settle back down at normal idle.

When I try to use my A/C when the car is warmed up, the RPMs drop to around 400-500RPM. If I use the A/C after I start it, it seems my A/C works. I hardly ever use my A/C, its more of a thing for my passengers. I'm also throwing a CEL randomly for low idle, when I have my car idling at 1050RPM atm. I went to inspection yesterday, and the CEL came on before it went in. The guy went to get the scanner and read it, went to put it up, then came back and the CEL was gone. lmao.gif I have NEVER heard of a CEL coming and going away that fast.

I'm also getting a banging from somewhere at idle, that goes away when I get on the gas. Essentially, I have mucho idle problems. The car loves high RPM, but I can't keep it there all the time.

What I've done:
Checked for vaccuum leaks. If there are any, I sure as hell can't find any.
Replaced Idle Air Control Actuator. The wiring for the sensor that controls it is in perfect shape that I can see.
The hoses I used are thick as hell (they are as thick as they are wide) and reinforced and is no way they are kinking.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

TPS?
Old 08-17-2006, 12:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

seriously man, next time i have squeky brakes the tps is going to be the first thing i check...lol

that thing causes soo many problems. expecially since you were messing with that area too i would replace it. its cheap and without even trying to diagnose the problem, is more than likely the reason behind all this.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yeah, I know, it's like a catch all now. I read part of what he wrote, replied, read the rest, and left my reply.

If it's any sort of idling issue, MAF, then TPS.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:59 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Meh, didn't really think it could be that, since it came with a new one on the TB, but maybe it got damaged during shipping or those Korean ones don't like my US spec car. After all, those Korean packages go through hell, the brace for the throttle cables on the air-ram got bent after all.

I'll go grab one of my old ones and see how that helps.